Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff
Simple quick figure study with a slight lighting change from its original

Again some anatomy study and (sort of) application

Finally the forum is online again! Diverse practice from the last few days:

An undead panel this time. Searching for ideas for an undead RPG supplement book I have the pleasure to illustrate

Experimenting with some lighting effects

Sketch and anatomy study. What best to use for that than Conan the barbarian himself

Doodles and faces. The faces are partially studies from Dragon Age Inquisition concepts and partially from imagination

Sketches for fun

Very, very nice stuff you have here. Inspiring to see all those drawings - thanks alot for sharing man :)

@Agerkvist: Thanks very much! Glad you like it!

More sketches. Need to switch back to studies again soon

An illustration for an RPG called Arx Temporis for its undead supplement book

owner of distribution rights Sebastian Schuler, Arx Temporis
May not be used for private and/or commercial purposes

Braaaaiiiinnnnsssssss!!

On a more serious note - the characters in your sketchbook, when doing them, do you start with a gesture or similar to get the pose down or how do you go by it?

Love those moleskine pages :)

@Agerkvist: Thanks! :) It actually mostly depends on mood, confidence level and subject when I start.
Digitally I sometimes do a gesture in lines, sometimes I just put blobs of paint on the canvas and form a figure/silhouette from there.
With pencils, I mostly start with a very light and loose underdrawing done with a hard pencil (2H or HB) to get a pose. Once I have that, I erase all until it is barely perceiveable and go over it with a softer pencil for the final sketch (2B).
Sometimes though, I leave out the underdrawing and start with a silhouette (but only on days where I feel very good and confident about drawing!) The difficult thing here is: you have to have a clear image in your mind and you have to both draw with the whole silhouette/pose/figure in mind and with the particular spot you are working on or your proportions will be off!

Can I just comment here so I remember to check back later and marvel at your magnificent pencil sketches