Hey everyone!
Hello! My name's Pedro, I'm a 19-year-old guy who lives in Brazil and I've been drawing as a hobby since I was 14.

Two years ago, I made the decision that I wanted to live my life as a professional Concept Artist/Illustrator, because art is one of the things in my life that I honestly can't see myself without. I love creating concepts and working on drawings/paintings that can tell a story without a single word. Only last year I started taking it seriously by studying and practicing the fundamentals at a local traditional drawing course in my city, but because I was barely getting any sleep the whole semester, I got burned out, and stopped drawing kind of as soon as I completed the course. 

Last year, in november, I started drawing and painting again and also started reading Drawing With the Right Side of the Brain to try and improve my observational skills (I used to be really bad at it and I still am, but I've improved a bit), and I haven't finished it because of some later exercises that require specific materials that I haven't got yet, but I'm working on that and definitely will finish the book this year.

I've first heard about the forums through one of Dave Rapoza's interviews, but after seeing a blog post about Mike Azevedo some days ago on Brushwork Atelier, I decided to make an account to constantly keep myself motivated! 

This week I've just made a schedule for myself after days of research about how to do it most effectively, aiming to sleep early and wake up at 5:30am every day, studying 6 hours a day (followed by 3 additional hours of working on my own personal projects), and I also gave myself a good kick in the ass and started practicing Peter Han's dynamic sketching exercises to better my linework before April starts, where I'll begin taking Watts Atelier's online classes and continue to work my way up, giving my best in becoming the Illustrator/Concept Artist I aspire to become! 

Thanks for taking the time to read!

I hope we can all get along and get to work on our dreams, see you guys around!!

ArtStation | Sketchbook | Facebook | Tumblr | DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
Hey everyone! - by Pedro Barbachan - 03-24-2017, 03:42 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-24-2017, 05:13 AM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Pedro Barbachan - 03-25-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: Hey everyone! - by Artloader - 03-24-2017, 11:34 PM
RE: Hey everyone! - by Pedro Barbachan - 03-25-2017, 12:06 PM