Pedro Barbachan's Sketchbook
Hello everyone!

My goal is to do a sketch/study every day, and work at the fundamentals from the very beginning, which I have neglected for years. I'll also be doing a finished illustration every week, no days/weeks off, no excuses!

I'll be thankful for any comments and critiques!

Here are my last master studies from the past week:

[Image: U8IjsqZ.png]

[Image: cJY5D2C.png]

[Image: 3pFafdc.png]
[Image: ENIfTug.png]

Finished artwork of the past week:

[Image: javH9lq.jpg]

ArtStation | Sketchbook | Facebook | Tumblr | DeviantArt

Today's gestures! Sorry for the low quality of the pictures, though.

[Image: lsEyECz.png]
[Image: LKaUMhT.png][Image: YfGdu2Q.png][Image: tj2QHZf.png][Image: 9ernuub.png][Image: Gi17h1c.png][Image: 0iUQPpK.png]

Some quick thumbnails for this week's artwork before going to bed!

[Image: 8vT9iKP.png]
[Image: BlxAmiB.png]

Hey welcome to Crimson Daggers Pedro :).

Nice start here, if you're working on gestures and figures, I'd recommend you check out Proko:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV

He has some great videos on gesture and some even better ones on anatomy and musculature.

Good luck, keep it going!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hey Artloader, thank you! I already knew about his channel from long ago, but never really took the time to watch his gesture videos. I'll be checking his gesture videos out!

Today's stuff!

[Image: vw5A7x1.png]
[Image: Nih8PkO.png]
[Image: y8Xc4Tv.png]
[Image: QMPlmaV.png][Image: pmdHkv4.png][Image: gqsQ4Jp.png]

Ok, here we go. Don't try to do illustrations at this point. You won't get anything from it. Try to focus on your fundamentals instead. You need to understand form, values, how to build a structure of an object. I see you did some master studies but I don't see why you did all those studies. I see you tried to copy a value structure but did you learn something from it? The point of master studies is to understand certain subject of art. You are trying to do everything at the same time and that's a biggest mistake you can make. Still lifes, simple geometric stuff, don't try any complex stuff. Now about your gesture drawings... I suggest for you to understand what it is and how to do it, because for now it's just scribbles. What helped me is drawing gestures with a pen with one line. Without this messy lines all over the place. Also I suggest not to do human gesture drawings, but something more simple like the stuff you have at home. The last thing I wanna say about your last perspective study. Do you see that it is very wrong placed? Your verticals are not vertical at all, I don't see the horizon line, where is your guidelines for the top of your cube. Pay attention to what you're studying.

Hey Anton! I was trying to do master studies every day in the following order: 50 composition, then 50 color studies, then 5 full studies. I learned a bit about keeping things simple and focusing on the largest shapes first (because of the time constraint), and I had, and still have a lot of trouble doing details in the middle of things, so it sure is a thing I need to work on.

Also, thanks for mentioning my gesture drawings and the perspective study! I'll be putting my gestures studies on hold! Regarding the perspective study, it was actually a freehand study and I tried ghosting the horizontal lines all the way to the vanishing points without doing construction lines (I actually did some though), it really seems (and is) wrong though, I'll be also working on this from now on!

Thank you so much for the advice!

Didn't study today because I had to organize all of my stuff in order to start the Watts Atelier's online course. I already ordered the necessary materials and I'm waiting for them to arrive! 

Here's the first page of my new sketchbook as a reminder to myself not to do things I'm certainly guilty of:

[Image: Onffxcb.jpg]

Today's stuff! I'm currently working on my lines/ellipses until my materials arrive!

[Image: u78r5J8.jpg][Image: KYIFdEM.jpg][Image: Iii13CU.jpg][Image: brh5XQh.jpg][Image: 2it91aJ.jpg][Image: MoBJ2tI.jpg]

Shamelessly colored this drawing I did just to have some fun!

[Image: XZyEY9b.jpg]

I didn't have much time today but I bought some Conte Pierre Noir pencils until my other ones arrive because I didn't want to go through this much time without practicing Watts' stuff. Also, I sketched a bit today on the bus and on the subway! 

[Image: 8plZHa7.jpg]
[Image: Sx9VsuO.jpg][Image: HSkxvcE.jpg]

I did the sphere with a charcoal stick, it didn't work out so well...

Today's stuff before going to bed

[Image: Kj1iyqt.jpg]
[Image: aQQ9Gkd.jpg]

I didn't have much time at all today, but my goal for next week is to complete Watts Atelier's Drawing Fundamentals Phase I class!

Today was a busy day and I had to work pretty much all day. I'll be getting back to my regular schedule tomorrow, and I'm aiming to finish Drawing Fundamentals Phase I class this week! Here's today 15 minute sketch before going to bed:

[Image: 55PF9eT.png]

Today's stuff! 

[Image: sXKmL2u.jpg]
[Image: ez5hPLt.jpg]
[Image: OTLFRVJ.png]

Today's quick sketch! 

[Image: C1oNmJA.png]