Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook
@Zorrentos - Awww yeahhh! Thanks for the kinds words, although I think it is a bit deceptive of my true level a bit since I tend to draw quite a bit of random sci-fi/fantasy stuff. So I am sorta more comfortable making that kind of stuff and have a bit more experience built up in that realm, but most anything else I make you'll see a drastic decrease in execution.

Yeah I definitely plan to go through the fundamentals. Especially since I never really have done so. The most I've done is just through the years randomly maybe seeing an "Art Basics" or "Art for Beginners" type video I've stumbled across or starting & stalling after a month is pretty much the most I've done in terms of a more rigorous/scholastic approach.

Yeah for sure I agree. I don't just want to draw any 1 particular thing, so for sure I will be going into other genres and aspects. As you said, I wanna try to get more out of my comfort zone of drawing. To increase the variety of things I can potentially implement into my pieces + to get guud. Thanks again for the comment!

---

@Artloader - Thank you! Hrmmm, that is a good question... lol. I'd like to tell you some in-depth backstory for it, but in reality, I just came up with it on the spot. It's just a random skeleton of an unknown creature is all I can say, the rest is up to you.

Thanks for the comment!

---

@cgmythology - Thanks! Oh, you can be sure of more stuff along the lines of that for sure. Thank you for your comment!

Thanks for all the welcomes + anybody who even views this thread lol.

So I've now begun going through the book The Natural Way to Draw by Kimon Nicolaïdes. Though I should mention that I'm up to chapter/section 21 already. A few years ago I use to post on ConceptArt.org (rip) going through this book, I cringe at how long ago that was and I still haven't completed the book yet, due to stopping & going constantly lol. But here we go, I just wanna get this book done with since I'm already the majority way through it.

Here is some random stuff + some NWTD gesture drawings, which you will be seeing a lot of from now on. I'll try to filter them down to just a few good ones & a few bad ones as well so you can get a better overall view of my ability. Also I'm using just good ol' pencil & paper for most of these pieces, so I'm figuring out the best method to digitize them. Was going to use an old scanner printer I have, but after testing and comparing it to my smartphone, the smartphone seems to takes a better image. So you may see some image quality variation as I test and play around with setting + my setup for the camera.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Zorrentos - 01-02-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 01-03-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Cosmic Inhabitant - 01-04-2021, 05:18 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 02-10-2021, 06:36 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Jephyr - 02-05-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-19-2022, 04:59 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 06-15-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 01-16-2023, 03:55 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-03-2023, 10:56 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 02-03-2023, 12:41 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 03-01-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 11-01-2023, 03:36 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 05-05-2024, 10:26 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Lege1 - 05-07-2024, 11:40 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 08-03-2024, 11:43 PM