Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook
@darktiste - Yeah I get what your saying with those simplified figure studies, especially the one holding the large rocket cannon thingie.

For the droid, as you said it was (and still is) a WIP. The lighting of it has given me some issues for sure and from this piece I am really starting to see that perhaps creating thumbnails, with a lot more thought behind them or even in the early phases figuring stuff out would have helped make this piece a lot less painful. Having to go back and re-do the perspective on the character, then also the background several times and having to re-do the lighting too.

I do plan to darken the piece a bit more, as stated it is still not complete, but I do also plan to add more highlights and contrast to the droid and perhaps even give it some more saturated colors.

I've added more detail to the BG now, with metal panels and items in the hallway. Oh and also thank you for pointing out their being nothing at the end of the hallway in terms of a panel or lever or anything to operate the door, it completely slipped my mind to add such a thing there lol.

Thanks for the detailed analysis once again!

@Lege1 - Thanks a lot!

---

Phew, it's been almost 3 months since my last post. The main cause being that I am trying out a different operating system. Going from Windows to Linux, mainly as a fun side thing, but I got a bit caught up in it and haven't worked on my main art piece for this while time up until about a week or so ago. So I decided to give an update on the piece and how it's coming along.

At this point, I would say it's at least 75% done. All the main elements are in it now I would say. The lighting was a major issue for me to figure out, especially the cast shadows. Trying to figure out where the shadows go on the figure, plus the fact that there are multiple light sources and how to deal with that. I still think the lighting and shadows are a bit wonky, but decent enough.

The last issue I have with the piece currently is just the overall contrast of the piece. I think it needs to be darkened, so I made 2 mock ups, version 1 I did manually, and version 2 using a filter mask. I think version 2 is better, so I might go with that, with some slight alterations.

Besides trying to fix up the lighting issues, and contrast, I just need to add some more highlights, give it some texture, and add a few more details and it will be done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Zorrentos - 01-02-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 01-03-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 02-10-2021, 06:36 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Jephyr - 02-05-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-19-2022, 04:59 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 06-15-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 01-16-2023, 03:55 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-03-2023, 10:56 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 02-03-2023, 12:41 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 03-01-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 11-01-2023, 03:36 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 05-05-2024, 10:26 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Lege1 - 05-07-2024, 11:40 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Cosmic Inhabitant - 08-01-2024, 01:58 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 08-03-2024, 11:43 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 08-30-2024, 10:40 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Noone - 09-25-2024, 08:01 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 09-26-2024, 12:27 AM