Celarx: Crashing and Burning - Failing and Learning
(02-08-2015, 08:54 AM)EduardoGaray Wrote: i love that selvaria bless commission, i quite like how you render, specially the faces.
About that Selvaria piece, the nose is perfect! in any case its the eyes that are maybe too big in relation with the size of the skull. But like you said, its just practice, just keep them coming.

And i would also suggest that, when doing studies from photos, dont try to mimic everything in the reference, try your own color palettes and values, edges, values, etc. What works well for a photo might not work as a painting, also edges! but its better do master studies for that.
So pic your fav artists whoever they are and combine that along with the photo studies.

Hope you can make more time for art and looking forward to your next update! :)

Thanks a lot for your kind words and your advice !
I took an image of my favorite artist and the favorite character out of that story and tried to recreate it in my own style.
I like how the light turned out compared to the original and am quite happy with it, but my lack of anatomy / patience to fix it in a speedpainting shows here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Celarx: Crashing and Burning - Failing and Learning - by Celarx - 02-11-2015, 08:56 AM