Colour and atmospheric perspective issues
I'm going to try helping you, though not an expert ;)
As I presume, the top of the crystal tower is supposed to be the focal point. So I would consider darkening the planet again, otherwise your crystal city's disappearing due to no contrast. Also, the waterfall is a nice idea to point out there's a canyon, but right now it looks like the city is sitting in the water. If that's the plan, ok, but again, the waterfall is the same value as the city as the planet so there's no contrast and it's basicly this huge white plane drawing all attention. I would make it smaller and darker. Show as the actual canyon the city is standing on. As a side effect, the canyons in front would come out more, since right now their edges are the same value as the waterfall, the city and the planet ;)
And finally: Lose those floating crystal thingies, they're just distracting the eye from the focal point without telling us anything. If you want to keep them, make them less dark, because that's what's making them stand out right now.
That's it. I hope this wasn't all nonsense and that I was able to help you somewhat. =)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colour and atmospheric perspective issues - by Myriam - 05-29-2013, 05:29 PM