A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?)
The problem is you are developing your skills and render style while working on this character through time. Unless you specifically stick to one style of doing things, there is no way that your improving skills will be consistent with your older shitter ones. :) That's actually a good thing!

So what are you actually asking for? Do you want to improve the most recent thing and get crit on that, or do you want us to give you advice on how to make things look like your old work style (more graphic and comicy)?

I would say you are improving, your render quality is improving, your understanding of volume is improving. What you need to focus on is anatomy study. Then once you're done with anatomy, focus on anatomy. And then when you're absolutely sick of anatomy, do some anatomy just to mix it up. Finally look at perspective and how to construct....you guessed it....anatomy in perspective. :D
I'm being a dick, but what I'm saying is if you want to improve as an artist overall, focus on the fundametnals. If you only want to learn how to draw something one way, just keep drawing things one way and that will sort itself out. I think you should take it as a positive that you are improving and changing. What you decide to do with your character is up to you.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?) - by MiranTheWolf - 09-25-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?) - by MiranTheWolf - 09-26-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?) - by Amit Dutta - 09-26-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?) - by MiranTheWolf - 09-28-2013, 11:26 AM