Smartest way to get into the gaming industry?
You dont really have to start as a texture artist (for example) to get a food on the game industry, if you are good enough and you have portfolio suited to work on that field, you will get in sooner or later. I could be wrong, but if my memory serves my right Maciez Kuciara was saying exaclty that not so long ago on his facebook.

As for artschools, knowing how absurdly costly they are in the US, going to one doesnt really seem like a good idea to me. In the case you dont get a scholarship, why put on your back a debt of thousands of dollars when you can learn the same for free, just by having access to the internet.

If you want to work on your fundamentals, go to life drawing sessions in your area, if thats not possible draw your friends/family/whatever or simply grab a mirror and draw yourself.
My point is that you can do and learn everything by yourself.

Messages In This Thread
Smartest way to get into the gaming industry? - by opkluu - 10-20-2013, 10:29 AM
RE: Smartest way to get into the gaming industry? - by EduardoGaray - 10-21-2013, 06:10 AM
RE: Smartest way to get into the gaming industry? - by opkluu - 10-21-2013, 09:19 AM
RE: Smartest way to get into the gaming industry? - by opkluu - 10-21-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: Smartest way to get into the gaming industry? - by alex_bo - 11-06-2013, 02:09 PM