Deranged Reveries - Spellsword's Sketchbook
(07-17-2015, 09:08 AM)insbox Wrote: hi, really like the way you sketch. do you mind sharing what is your inspirations for the sketch or what you think before drawing it?

Hi, sure, no problem. There are two types of sketches for me - traditional and digital. Traditional ones with pencils are mostly random, with no thinking involved. I start with a vague idea of, let's say a fantasy creature, and I start laying down basic shapes and guide myself by semi-random lines that will carry me further. I don't do clean lines and instead try to use the ones accidentally drawn. You can get some interesting shapes and ideas this way. 
Digitals are backed up by ideas. I usually come up with catchy phrase like "Eyes of a child see no wrong" or "Bite the hand that feeds you poison" and think about how that could be turned into badass illustration. For example, that burning giant in first post is "All flesh is equal when burnt". It involves no thumbnails or brainstorming, instead I jump straight into sketch and coloring/detailing.

Although sometimes I just see or hear something interesting and use it as a foundation. Like games, films, music, other art etc.

Hope this helps, hit me with more questions if needed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deranged Reveries - Spellsword's Sketchbook - by Spellsword95 - 07-18-2015, 06:45 AM