jacksoneligray Intro
Hey folks,
I guess I probably should have done this first before putting up my sketchbook thread yesterday, whoops.
Anyway, my name is Jackson, I'm from California, and quarantine has been rough. I hope everyone is safe and doing well.

I've been pursuing art seriously for about five years now. I don't think I'm the worst, but I do feel like for the amount of time and effort I've put into it, I should be a lot better than I am by now. I think I came here because I'm ready to stop being afraid of getting feedback from others, I just want to get better. I had a mindset for a while that if I just worked really hard for a really long time then I would improve, which isn't completely wrong, but I think I the aspect of that that I conveniently forgot to add to the equation was that I should probably seek advice from outside sources, which I did not do. For a long time, I wanted to be the one to figure out all of my problems for myself; something about that idea made it feel more like a personal triumph. At this point, I've realized what a dumb idea that was, and it is one that I regret having for so long. Now I am really just looking for more of a sense of community when it comes to art, and I've always heard good things about this site. To beat a point to death, I really just want to improve, so any feedback anyone has for me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackson Gray

Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-8915.html

Messages In This Thread
jacksoneligray Intro - by jacksoneligray - 07-25-2020, 05:01 AM
RE: jacksoneligray Intro - by darktiste - 07-25-2020, 07:29 AM
RE: jacksoneligray Intro - by jacksoneligray - 07-25-2020, 07:58 AM
RE: jacksoneligray Intro - by darktiste - 07-25-2020, 09:16 AM