The Misadventures of Shadow's Sketchbook
(01-25-2013, 05:34 PM)leonardZC Wrote: hey great start for your sketchbook, i want to drop advice but im not sure if you are going to like it, my advice is Drop the anime look or any sort of style for now and work with your basics and foundational skills such as, anatomy and geture drawing, also perspective its a good place to start reading, if you are eager to learn the figure try to understand how it works first, there are alot of information out there on this subjects one of the ims michael hamptons site www.figredrawing.info he posts some bits from his book and his anatomy diagrams, check it out copy the ones you like or are interested in and try and learn while drawing them dont just copy for the sake of copying try to think why everything is there and how it connects and helps make the general shape of a limb or a facial feature, if you work on your construction and your foundation i GUARANTEE you that your anime stuff and own style will shine with a brighter light, since you will not be as shy when making strokes because you will know what this lines stand for! either way keep it up its just practice, practice and practice!

Thank you, though I am still learning figure drawing and anatomy, it is never good to just stop drawing a style. How will anyone learn? I am learning and practicing, but I will not just stop. I will learn anatomy and figure drawing. Thank you for your advice.

[Image: dinodystopia_by_shadowlillium-d5tq93y.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Misadventures of Shadow's Sketchbook - by leonardZC - 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: The Misadventures of Shadow's Sketchbook - by ShadowLillium - 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM