missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3
I have opened up free commissions on deviantART - just to practice. My friend Gee asked if I would do a bird for her, and I asked if I could use one of her photo's (she's a photographer, not stock artist) and she said I could.

Values:
So I tried to use the same principles of value but in colour. Still mark making though... and pretty happy with the colour version... not sure about the background - I'm in two minds. But here's a screen shot... I also desaturated to show the monochrome values - I don't think I did too badly.

All in all 2-3 hours work (again) still photoshop CS5 with Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch.

Colour background thoughts? General thoughts?

[I would also like to point out how impressed I am at the branch painting I did!! Also I would concider this as finished. However I may sleep on it as I'm in two minds about the background!!]

[Image: preview__gee_s_lilac_breasted_roller__pr...6iljs6.jpg]

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 

Messages In This Thread
RE: mii: Struggling to improve digital "paintings" - Help? - by missimoinsane - 08-18-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3 - by FROZ3N - 09-29-2015, 09:14 PM