missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3
Hey there's not actually that many layers I think it says something like 138 layers but there's only about 20-25 lol. Most of them are sketches, lighting lines, grids, masks (such as black and saturation) and guides lol... But thank you for what you said. Compared to normal this is considerably less layers than I usually use.

- If there's only one thing I learned from getting my First Diploma in Art and Design is that working on multiple layers is always beneficial. Even when it comes to traditional art. We were taught with paper and a light box and we had to keep refining our sketches and outlines so that our originals could be much more lose and our end sketches much more refined. We also learned how to use tracing paper as an over lay to see things like where you wanted to put details, light sources and such forth. Bringing that through to digital art is simply - work on layers!! I know there are people who don't but even so this piece is made up of about 10 none relevant layers.

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 

Messages In This Thread
RE: mii: Struggling to improve digital "paintings" - Help? - by missimoinsane - 08-20-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3 - by FROZ3N - 09-29-2015, 09:14 PM