missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3
(09-06-2013, 10:42 AM)darktiste Wrote: look at the proportion and perpective of the mouth the seem wrong to me.

I agree darktiste but I don't know how to fix it. Believe me.. I've tried but when I finally get it looking ok I flip it and it looks worse than before. I think it's just a really awkward positioning but it worked on sketches and on line art. But now not in colour. But I'm glad you picked up on that. So at least I know I'm working on the right area.

Cheers Darktiste :) ~mii

(09-06-2013, 11:46 PM)txchris Wrote: You mean, like a Paintover? or just plain advice?
FOr starters, you might want to check some of these videos from Stan Prokopenko

Erhm... that's a link, even if it doesn't look like it.
In any case, the point where the cheek joins the chin looks a bit force. try to make that angle more subtle.
The chin has a different perspective when compared to the rest of the face. And the lips should be a bit longer.

Hey hey txchris - more of advise than a paint over hun. It just looks 'off' no matter what I do with it. Hmm.. Thank you for looking and for what you said ~mii

Update Warrior Nataly:
Rarr. 50+ hours on one piece and now after a week of ignoring me the person who has asked me to do it (I'm offering free commissions to help improve on my art) she's turned around and decided she doesn't like the background, both swords are totally wrong and half of what she's wearing she would never wear and she's asked me to redo it. What do I do? I've never spent 50+ hours doing any one art project (I don't think) and now I feel like she's really taking the piss. Help...

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 

Messages In This Thread
RE: mii: Struggling to improve digital "paintings" - Help? - by missimoinsane - 09-07-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3 - by FROZ3N - 09-29-2015, 09:14 PM