missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3
Wow I have fallen so far behind with Crimson Daggers, deviantART and generally anything that doesn't involve World of Warcraft. How is it Saturday (12.47am) already?? ...I'm so sorry, I was thinking of taking an art break to catch my breath (and play 5.4 WoW) but seems I got a lil too carried away oopse.

Let me see, let me see...

~RE: JonHop
Hey Jon,
Thank you for writing and sorry for such a late response. I've been getting some amazing feedback and the feedback from yourself has helped a lot and I honestly am trying to follow it all, despite it's becoming a lil overwhelming (especially with that "commission"). I think perhaps the word 'commission' was incorrectly used. I majoritivley just wanted some mini challenges so I could work on values and values in colour but now I'm putting too much thought and definitely too much time into doing stuff I really don't want to do that it's preventing me from working properly. ~ Thank you so much for the insight to this though. I have since spoken to her and now she is agreeing that if I just change the swords to ice (more of a fractal look like ice and not like metal) she will be happy. Though I have been working on the face like Sam suggested. I still have lots of rendering to do and then start over painting the swords. Which wouldn't be so bad but I've flattened the image so it's going to be a faff to redo the swords. Anyway I digress. Thank you for the link again thank you for your words and thoughts. I am, as said, trying. ...failing... but not giving up. I'm taking a break from my frustrations and upset with that at the moment. But will be right back on it tomorrow. ~ I have been offered private art lessons (as part of a small group) from our Toxicpanda which begin next Saturday so I am very excited about that and promise you all I will work my damn hardest.

~RE: Tygerson
Hey Tygerson
Thank you for taking the time to come visit my sketchbook :) I just wanted to say thank you for the inspirational quote. Hope to chat with you some time. Take care ~mii

~RE: Mannyhaatz
Hey Mannyhaatz,
Thank you for what you said!! You really think so! I feel really pleased with myself now - Thank you!! That is such a kind thing to say!! Thank you!! :D I honestly am lost for words. But thank you for coming to visit my sketchbook and for what you said I really do appreciate that!! Cya around ~mii

Thank you to all who have supported me thus far. I am so honored!! I am super excited to be a part of Toxicpanda's lil art class she's going to be starting up next Saturday and as I said to Jon; I promise you all I will work my damn hardest. I know there's a number of people, aside from myself, that I want to make proud as I truly value everyone's time and such kind words, help and inspiration. What can I say I love it here and all the wonderful people. So thank you!!

Work updates from this past couple of days (no it's not all been WoW and sleeping!! -

WIP 4/5

So I'm still struggling with this face. While what Sam said was a massive help and I've totally repainted over (enlarged the shoulders, narrowed the breasts) I'm still struggling on the face. ~No the hair isn't finished just there because she looked too weird balled lol. Anyway still something about them lips. I just really don't like this positioning but it's a dramatic improvement from what it was.

[Image: silentasthesky_warriornataly_wip4_by_mis...6li72k.jpg]

[Image: silentasthesky_warriornataly_wip5_by_mis...6m6jff.jpg]

Thoughts?

~missimoinsane

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 

Messages In This Thread
RE: mii: Struggling to improve digital "paintings" - Help? - by missimoinsane - 09-14-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3 - by FROZ3N - 09-29-2015, 09:14 PM