missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3
(01-15-2014, 06:29 AM)Tygerson Wrote: Lovely character in the last post! I really like the choice of colors and raven companion. I think you maybe struggle with the planes of the face, especially around the mouth. I do too! Someone suggested I study a few examples of John Asaro's planes of the head model (I just googled it to find some), and it did help my understanding. Keep up the lovely work!

Hey Tygerson, no idea why hotmail didn't update me and say you'd commented on my sketchbook - sorry about that.

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes I really am struggling and feel my works are getting worse the more I try. I shall google it now. Thank you for your help <3

Imogen xX

[Image: raven_raven_stuck_by_missimoinsane-d727mau.jpg]
While I struggle on with my previous piece ^

I figured I should really take a back seat and perhaps do a few one layer speed painting timed studies. So here is the first one "red".

[Image: 1_hour_study__red_by_missimoinsane-d72a0un.jpg]
Please see deviantART upload for full stock credit and PS CS5 Brushes. http://missimoinsane.deviantart.com/art/...-427090127

Memo to self. "John Asaro's planes of the head model" ...

This is what google images had to offer. First glance. (Print Screen).

[Image: memo-ref-john-asaros_zpsc302c8d1.jpg]

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 

Messages In This Thread
RE: mii: Struggling to improve digital "paintings" - Help? - by missimoinsane - 01-16-2014, 12:19 AM
RE: missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3 - by FROZ3N - 09-29-2015, 09:14 PM