Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY!
Edit - Ok! fixed that replying problem I had. Apparently there is a time restriction for replies.

I've been practicing Dynamic Sketching lately. Using what reference I can find online to sort of "reverse-engineer" the homework assignments that the students do for the course and trying to practice to it myself (CGMA's awesome for releasing short demos of their courses). I find this course very similar to FZD's Visual Communications class in their training outline - which is cool because I think it's quite useful to learn how to sketch things quickly and accurately.

Big dump ahoy!

First one is just a few warmup pages lol, thought it would be interesting to post. Basically starting out practicing how to sketch basic geometric forms and how they can interact with one another. Things start to get a little confusing when I try to intersect cylindrical shapes with other cylindrical shapes.

[Image: Dynamic+-+0001+%28warmups%29.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0002.jpg]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0003.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0004.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0005.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0006.JPG]

[Image: ID+Dyn+-+0007.JPG]

And then moving up to organic forms. And then trying to mix organic and geometric forms - it gets tricky at times. Emphasis on figuring out the contours and how they wrap around the form.

[Image: Dynamic+-+0008.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0009.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0010.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0011.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0012.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0013.JPG]

[Image: Dynamic+-+0014.JPG]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY! - by LongJh - 10-21-2013, 04:43 PM