Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY!
Hypnagogic_Haze - Thanks! No I don't unfortunately, but I do have his perspective tutorials - definitely worth it! I am considering getting his How to Draw book as well though.

Archreux - Haha, thank you! I really appreciate it - every time I draw I always feel like I'm taking one step forward and two steps back. (like when I draw something and I feel like I improved in one aspect but failed in like six others)

That's why - more practicing!

More ID sketching practice, followed by perspective and section drawing studies after Scott Robertson. Slowly trying to internalize as much of the information and technique as possible through repetition.

Key points I want to focus on: line accuracy, line quality, tangency issues and proportion (creating pleasing 3D forms). Hoping that I can use what I'm practicing as a way to design more specific things in the future.

[Image: ID+-+0034.jpg]

[Image: ID+-+0035.jpg]

[Image: ID+-+0036.jpg]

[Image: ID+-+0037.jpg]

[Image: ID+-+0038.jpg]

And a couple of sketchbook pages. Really loose and scribbly - mostly just messing around and trying to come up with interesting designs as opposed to focusing on cleanliness (or that could be just another excuse for laziness).

Every time I sketch I'm constantly struggling with my visual library and usually end up scribbling random stuff as an attempt to come up with something interesting. I should probably start thinking of ways to improve my visual library

Also, it's time to get a new sketchbook!

[Image: Sketchbook+-+0119.jpg]

[Image: Sketchbook+-+0120.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY! - by LongJh - 03-28-2014, 01:44 PM