Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY!
Oh man, like so many others here I gotta say that your designs really kick some ass. They look both functional and cool. Detailed without feeling cluttered.
Well, you've heard this before but it doesn hurt right? xD

So here comes a bit of an attempt at some more constructive critiscism regarding the Godzilla piece. The head turned out really cool, looks powerful with that rim-lightning bolt going of behind him, overlaps nicely I think.
Maybe it's just me but I think that the image has lost some dynamic since the first value sketch. Hard to put my finger on why exacly though. In the first one the rim lighting creates a nice overlap with his neck and shoulder muscles, where as in the final piece it's gone, so it looks a bit more flat I think. (might be because the angle on the head changed as well)
Overall a cool piece tho, got that orange and blue contrast going in a good way. Will probably kick the new Godzilla's movie poster in the arse since it's most likely to have Bryan Cranstons face floating about with a vague Godzilla silhouette or some such.
Keep kicking!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY! - by Adzerak - 05-06-2014, 07:52 PM