Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY!
Lyraina - Thank you! Work on my edges, no distracting elements from the focal point - got it! Haha I guess I did start to zone out at the end of Shaddy's tutorial series. I'll have to check it out again and see how he works those sweet edges of his.

constructicon - Thanks man!

Hypnagogic_Haze - Thank you! I'll definitely keep those edges in mind more for my future images. Part of the downsides of working with a lot of masks haha.

So I thought it was about time to stop messing around and start focusing on one of my bigger weaknesses - characters. Or more specifically, figures, faces, hands, anatomy, costumes, etc, etc. Even more specifically I would like to get better at drawing/sketching them on paper. Whenever I paint digitally I'm always a little... reckless? So I'm hoping to start to get back a little more control and carefulness by making myself draw more. I wonder if that made sense.

To get started, here's some head studies after Loomis! I think the difficult part would be to remember how to apply this to more imaginative works instead of just simple disembodied heads - for example with the proper expressions, head angles and how the head itself integrates with the figure as a whole (along with body language, etc.)

[Image: Portrait+-+0042.JPG]

[Image: Portrait+-+0043.JPG]

[Image: Portrait+-+0044.JPG]

[Image: Portrait+-+0045.JPG]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY! - by LongJh - 06-06-2014, 12:07 PM