Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY!
Hypnagogic_Haze - Woah, I had no idea pixelovely has a head drawing tool now, thanks a bunch man! Yeah I'll definitely be studying some Hogarth soon, I'm just plowing through Loomis right now haha.

Was browsing Pixiv the other day and was really inspired by the background art there, Particularly those bright, lighthearted, fantasy-ish scenes - like with a couple of characters in the foreground just chilling or doing some random stuff against a big, epic backdrop. So I tried to do a painting along those lines.

The rendering was really challenging for me in this. Honestly, part of the reason why it's a more stylized image is because I wasn't very confident in making it look "realistic"? I definitely still lack a lot of knowledge in areas like material indication and design (as evidence in several parts of the painting). For now, I'm pretty drained out in this image so I think I'm just gonna call it done (and move on to something new to draw!)

Afternoon Tea

[Image: Afternoon+Tea+-+1000px.jpg]

Plus steps! The detailing stage was quite a struggle for me as well. Definitely an area I need more practice with (as usual).

[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY! - by LongJh - 06-14-2014, 01:38 PM