Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY!
Mariyan-Hristov - Thanks man! Gotta keep motivated!

Ok! So here I am studying different versions of head abstractions I can find off the net - mostly from artists demos where they show their step-by-steps. Trying to find out which "method" or which particular abstraction lines make the most sense to me. Also at the same time practicing my line control.

[Image: Portrait+-+0049.jpg]

Also some (pretty bad) studies from photo references, focusing on constructing the heads using the abstraction. The more I draw these the more I start to see vague connections between certain abstract lines and the muscles of the face, which is quite interesting.

Areas I want to work on: line control (or more specifically learning how to use the charcoal pencil), understanding facial muscles and bone structure (I think the abstractions would make much more sense if I actually took the time to learn the underlying anatomy) and specific facial features (eyes, mouth, nose, ears, etc.) Definitely still struggling with the features especially - I keep feeling that I still draw them really "flat" looking.

[Image: Portrait+-+0050.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jh's Sketchbook! Study. Practice! APPLY! - by LongJh - 06-25-2014, 01:28 AM