Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Thanks Manny! Im not completely sure at this point. I'd say illustration but long term I want to work for myself through kickstarters, patreons, youtube channels, print sales, private commission work ect. But thats a long off dream. I see that no matter what company I get a job from I'll always have to work on something thats not my true passion. I've heard from so many pros to do work that you love and thats what kind of work people will pay you to do.

I still have to learn value and painting before I need to even worry about all that though. I dont even know what kind of art Im like the most. I really love realistic paintings and all different styles of cartoony stuff. I lean away from the more concepty type of stuff like Fang Zu does but I still appreciate it. I've only really been practicing daily for a little over a year so its too early to make any decisions on what direction fits me. I plan in another year or so I'll start working on a professional portfolio.

Thats wonderful to hear Jeanne! All I could ever hope is to inspire others. Thank you for the crit too. I've been hearing from a few people that I need to try to draw more like a painter and break out of my purely line based approach. Im really trying! It takes baby steps though...

I recently started over on the How to Draw book. I went to the mall and sketched the food court first which got my perspective gears turning. And I feel I had a really good night of life drawing later that night. Its weird how drawing boxes helps improve drawing people in some indirect sort of way. Also I got some crummy sketches I did at work and while killing time. And a few "design studies". They're really just copies of drawings that I liked. So if you see a design that looks a lot better than the other ones thats probably what that is.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 01-22-2015, 03:29 AM