Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Thanks for the comment Fedo! Pretty much all I do when I sketch from imagination or when Im sketching in public is faces. Im trying to branch out and do different stuff but I'll keep coming back to it. Some of those face sketches look pretty awful I'll admit but when I really sit down and try hard I think faces are one of my stronger areas to be honest.

And I highly recommend comics to anyone trying to improve their drawing. It gets you drawing all sorts of things you wouldnt normally draw. Plus it builds your creative muscles in all sorts of ways. I was messing around with the idea of comics for a long time but what finally got me to just do it, was the decision that Im not trying to create some amazing comic right out of the gate. If its your first comic its most certainly not going to be really good or mind blowing. You just have to do it and have fun! I think that goes for everything in art though. People pressure themselves to come up with their magnum opus their first couple tries and it just doesnt work that way.

I did this study of a Stephen Gammel illustration. Its from the book Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Im going to do a bunch of composition thumbs of his stuff later tonight. Then tomorrow I'll try to apply it all to an original.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 01-27-2015, 04:28 AM