New to environments
Hi, first of all, cool! Perspective is hard, but keep it up and you'll get it!

1. Add more shadows and pick a direction of light. It sort of looked like it is coming from the top left hand corner so that’s what I did. Stick with one light direction and use it to determine your values, color, composition, mood, story, etc. Later on bring in more if you wish, but I suggest practicing with just one.
2. I am confused as to what is happening with the sudden drop off from floor to statue. maybe add stairs, extend floor, etc.
3. Pick a theme. It looks currently like a market, bar, religious cult, and fishing village all in one. play around with themes, but i suggest limiting yourself with a maximum of two or three at once.
4. The focal point is unclear. Is it the center statue, the warrior on the right side, the fruit and fishing rods?
5. Often it is better if the one point perspective doesn't lead right to the center, as then the focal point will likely be in the middle. Works sometimes though.

You have to ask yourself the reasoning behind things. Like the ladder, chair, solider, fishing rods, statue, etc. Hope this helps!

Messages In This Thread
New to environments - by niku - 03-12-2014, 05:25 AM
RE: New to environments - by JhonnyVDB - 03-12-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: New to environments - by niku - 03-12-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: New to environments - by Zachary McLean - 03-12-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: New to environments - by niku - 03-13-2014, 02:50 AM