JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Wow, I can see improvement since I last looked in here! Great progress with these perspective exercises, they're coming along well. Much more solid linework and construction. The latest one shows off more curves and general variety too, which is good for practise. Really all I can suggest is to keep with what you are doing with the gradual ramp up of the complexity and variety, you're already coming along well with this.

Nice work with the Hampton gestures too. You seem to be getting the hang of showing the direction of the body masses with those wrap around lines. I think Hampton is a pretty good one to work on with perspective studies actually, he overlaps with that perspective-form type of drawing pretty heavily. Don't feel bummed about trying multiple anatomy books either! They all take different approaches, so you are basically just filling up a toolbox - and some are better in some areas than others. Not to mention the difficulty level pitch varies. (I checked out Faragasso's book recently and jesus, I fear it.)

Also I totally understand the sleep thing, it used to be a terrible habit for me.

Edit: Aha, you posted whilst I was typing. I really like where you are going on the people sketching - nice to see those individual subtleties in the poses and read the thought process. It takes a bit of adjusting to it, but with practise you'll probably find the lines become cleaner/more efficient. (Especially if you are working on those Peter Han exercises I saw mentioned on the last page.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by clockodile - 07-22-2014, 07:37 AM