JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Hard luck about your hand, I hope that gets better for you soon. Everyone has their things to say about strain injuries, though I will agree with the lighter grip, if that is an issue for you. (A guideline that I hear from time to time is one's grip should be relaxed enough so that it is easy to slap the pencil out of your hand.) I still have to remind myself to do it when I feel my hand get tired too, it is a dreadful habit. Good luck with your physio!

Cool to see you experimenting with watercolour too. (Oddly I was given gouache recently so I'm doing the same - traditional painting is tough!) I really don't know much about paints, though I've been doing little photo studies to practise control too. I'm really liking your mixing studies though, gotta break out that Gurney book again myself.

Flicking back a couple of pages, I can see your use of perspective has improved a bit more, you're getting a much better result with the house on that last page. When your hand gets better, just remember that and keep applying the perspective cues to other stuff, even if it is just a couple of receding parallel lines. The texture is looking way better as well - the way the crosshatching gets fainter to the back is a nice effect for depth and eases up the business of the linework.

Keep up the good work, and get well soon!

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by clockodile - 09-26-2014, 08:36 AM