Advice on this piece?
This was my first real attempt at a paint over. It was actually a lot of fun too. Its a cool painting you've got. I added a bit more to the top and right side so to give it more breathing room and cropped off some of the bottom. This puts the focal point of the guys head right on the top right third of the comp. The rule of thirds is a powerful tool for compositions.

You have it so the bridge creates a split right along the horizontal axis of the composition and there really isnt much added by the bottom half below the bridge line. So adding to the top and right side balances out the less important parts of the bottom while giving you more of that very interesting horizon line to play with(I tried make tree shapes all curl in toward the focal point but you could do a much better job with it then me). I also messed around with the values a bit so you dont have so much dark of the right and hardly any on the left side. I increased the size a bit of the focal character to give him more impact as well. Also I gave the bridge a slight dutch tilt. Always use the dutch tilt :)

I might also recommend maybe adding a bit of an accent color to the focal point as well. But I really dont know enough about colors and wouldnt want to mess up the lovely neutrals you have.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Advice on this piece? - by Baoto - 05-05-2014, 07:30 AM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Adam Lina - 05-05-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Valerien - 05-06-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Defre - 05-06-2014, 02:54 AM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by meat - 05-06-2014, 05:25 AM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Amit Dutta - 05-07-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Baoto - 06-14-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Mike086 - 06-15-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by meat - 06-19-2014, 11:26 AM