Letting your Dreams do the Work for you!
I find that the habits I've developed from practicing lucid dreaming also happen to be good for my mental and physical health. Sure you could try the methods that force you to wake up in the middle of the night but I find all that unnecessary. All I do is make sure I get some exercise each day, go outside and get some vitamin D, eat healthy and dont stay up late. Coupled with the usual things like reality checks, keeping a dream journal and taking note of dream signs. Something that makes a bit of difference in remembering dreams is get some choline in your daily diet. Choline is a essential nutrient that helps improve memory among other things and most people dont get enough of it.

Lucid dreaming has also given me deeper insight into myself and allowed me to cope with lifes challenges more easily. Its not just for living out sex fantasies and escapism. I found often times my dreams are manifestations of my subconscious working through problems that my conscious mind hasnt even realized yet. Analyzing your dreams can make you realize all sorts of things about yourself. Its not as cryptic as people think either. Some people think they need to refer to some books on what dreams mean. The only person who can figure out what your dreams mean is you though. Symbolism in dreams is more often a personal thing than a cultural thing.

Lastly, doing all this will help you become a better artist and a better person too. By living a healthy life style and exploring your own minds inner workings, you get depressed less often and can deal with it better when you do hit those lows. In the end you will be more productive and able to stick it out for the long road of development. I see a lot of artists struggling with this as I did for a long time. Many of us think the only thing that will make us a better artist is getting technical skill, but what do you do with that skill once you have it? Cultivating the mind of an artist can be an even bigger climb than cultivating the eye and hand. Lucid dreaming will allow you to develop your creative ability and live a deeper more fulfilling life.

/climbs down from soapbox

Messages In This Thread
RE: Letting your Dreams do the Work for you! - by Adam Lina - 10-20-2014, 11:51 PM