I want to be the very best - M. Tsirides' Sketchbook
Hi Tsirides, welcome to the forum. Nice to see someone else discovering gouache too. I've been messing with it for a few months and liking it more than acrylics. I like how you can rewet the dried up palette with a little water and keep using it. Plus when people ask me what paint Im using I can be all smug and say "Gouache, you've probably never heard of it. Its kind of obscure."

I just have a couple crits from what you've posted so far. It looks like you need to focus on proportions of figures. The arms on the girl at the top of the last post are too long and the cloaked guys proportions are off in several places. Remember the crotch is the mid point of the body and the arms come down to the mid thigh. Drawing figures from imagination a lot and checking the portions until you can get it right without thinking about it works to fix this tendency. Not correcting things like that for a long time will ingrain bad habits that are hard to break later. I hope this is helpful for you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I want to be the very best - M. Tsirides' Sketchbook - by Adam Lina - 04-07-2015, 01:37 AM