Sites to LOOK FOR FREELANCE at?
(09-24-2015, 04:36 AM)GabbyTaylor Wrote: 2) It could just be the way I'm reading it and not at all what others read/what you meant, but you sound really half-hearted and unsure about this (examples: "Here is my portfolio, for reference i guess.", and "But god, am i slow. There is no way i can finish something in 2 hours or less, and be happy with it, or anybody for that matter. Is there really only one way? grind trough the shit, until you good enough to get decent jobs from companies? D:"). Don't get me wrong, a lack of confidence is natural. But you have to project yourself as confident, professional, and like you know damn well you can get the job done within their constraints and fucking floor them with it. Just fake it till you make it, it works better than I ever expected (look at my sb and try telling me there's any reason to be confident at all. Just try. But I act it anyway, and people eat it up).

Hey thanks for the reply, that's all great info. I just want to clarify, that i dont have lack of confidence, I just wouldn't want to do work that's gonna pay me shit, when i know that its gonna take me a long time and that I would make more money as a janitor, so why would i do it.
Haha I guess if I sound half hearted is because I've been at a level for a while, that i think I can already get decent entry lvl freelance jobs, but i haven't gotten any.
Im yet to approach people on a face to face basis about jobs and stuff though so, But when i do, ill remember your words, "But you have to project yourself as confident, professional, and like you know damn well you can get the job done within their constraints and fucking floor them with it. Just fake it till you make it"  :p

Thanks for the advice.

Messages In This Thread
Sites to LOOK FOR FREELANCE at? - by Jeso - 09-17-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: Sites to LOOK FOR FREELANCE at? - by Jeso - 09-17-2015, 07:43 AM
RE: Sites to LOOK FOR FREELANCE at? - by Jeso - 09-27-2015, 01:23 AM