Environmental challenge anyone?
Hi.

Since no bloodsports are centered around environmental paintings (and probably never will), I though it might be a good idea to start something of that sort.

However, there's no point if noone here were interested, I therefore ask if your into this idea.

Once there's a group, we can decide on a certain challenge (make a poll or something), set a deadline and after that share critique.

Voice your opinion.

good idea, Piotr!

I wouldn't mind getting involved in this as it's something I def need and want to learn and improve in.

Are you still planning on doing this? I'll join. I love environments, and I definitely need to improve on them.

Im in :)

I really need to work on my environments. I'm in!
I definitely need to learn drawing enviroments, so I would love to do some challenges :)

+1, count me in

so.. no one else? ok this is gonna be a small group so it's gonna be more easy to help each other, any one have an idea or attack plan?

I think we could do this bi weekly (so it would give enough time for people to get polished paintings in and participate) event with a certain topic and criteria for the environment, eg; An environment on a foreign planet that contains organic life form and a structure built by the life that lives there (just a generic example).

(08-12-2012, 09:30 AM)JonHop Wrote: An environment on a foreign planet that contains organic life form and a structure built by the life that lives there

Sounds good for a first challenge.
If anyone has another idea please post it. We can make a poll and choose the favourite. If not, we can go with JonHop's idea.

Also, to make easier to keep the track, you can all subscribe to the thread.

(08-14-2012, 07:39 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Sounds good for a first challenge.
If anyone has another idea please post it. We can make a poll and choose the favourite. If not, we can go with JonHop's idea.

Also, to make easier to keep the track, you can all subscribe to the thread.

Ok cool, sounds good to me.

Count me in ^_^

Count me in too!
I assume we'll be posting the work in this thread?

Sorry for the dalay. I'm quite busy lately.

If no one proposes anything till this weekend, we will go with JonHop's idea.

I'll make a list of users who are interested and send a PM to each one informing that the challenge has started. I'll also post a new thread where we can post wips and final work.

If anyone has some ideas or disagrees with something, please share your thoughts.

(08-12-2012, 09:30 AM)JonHop Wrote: An environment on a foreign planet that contains organic life form and a structure built by the life that lives there (just a generic example).

Its a genuine idea, maybe we can narrow it a bit more, like, for example - they use gas that is lighter then their atmosphere and a light building material to make their structures airborne, and the gravity is maybe weak, and maybe they can harvest that gas from floating plants that feed off the strong sun's energy that is stronger where the atmosphere is not so thick (far from the ground) and so on...

Everyone can add a little bit and the creator of the challenge can take those information to make a logical challenge :)

Also, we can specify what is it for- a book, game, movie, comic....

hey guys ! i'm in :)
Hey guys, I don't know if this will be of any help for these landscape challenges, but I created a Random Scene Generator check it out and if you have any suggestions to improve it, let me know.
sounds fun and I am trying to get better at environments anyways right now so, I am in. :)

oh and maybe it is a good idea to do it like they do it on ca.org, where they have some guidelines and a thread where everybody can submit topic-ideas, like: johannisburg 3050, or space taxi-stand or something like that. that way not 1 person has to come up with everything. also i really like the scene generator dennis posted.

ca.org guidelines: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54103
ca.org idea-suggestions: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54748

cheers,
Flo

Please help me getting better by checking out my sketchbook

HOMEPAGE http://floart.weebly.com
@iCi: I think next challenges will be a little more specific, but it seems to me it'll be good if the first one gave more freedom, so it would be a nice "warm-up" for everyone.

@Dennis: Thanks a lot! It's a great addition, we might use it for some future challenges.

@Flo: That is also a suggestion worth considering. I'll look into it certainly.

Anyway, I'm posting the challenge now. I'll also sant a PM to everyone that showed interest.