Natzetta's sketchbook - Visual mind-vomit and other cute things
Damn that's some tasty grotesque stuff, love it!

protip 07baa27a when you don't know what to add to the piece, it will NOT help adding more and more and more details. the opposite is often true. Kill your darlings, perform some digital surgery and define the silhouettes and the forms.
Consider being more selective about tight details.

(01-18-2013, 04:42 AM)Lumens Wrote: Damn that's some tasty grotesque stuff, love it!

protip 07baa27a when you don't know what to add to the piece, it will NOT help adding more and more and more details. the opposite is often true. Kill your darlings, perform some digital surgery and define the silhouettes and the forms.
Consider being more selective about tight details.

Yessss, I like that! Thank you so much, Lumens! I'm too in love with the details which most of the time appear in shape of randomly drawn lines with me going "oooh, lookit nice shape I wantssss itttt".

I am, however, often unsure about values and line-/brushwork quality of my pieces. And I am usually oblivious to the fact, that most people (= everyone but me) I show my pics IRL can't make out anything at all in the image they're looking at and I'm just like... "what?! can't you see the three dudes and the staff and..." "uuuh no" "OMFG WAT DO I DO NOW?! HOW DO I FIX THIS?".

yea. .__.
Let me reiterate, your drawings are awesome. Its some of your paintings such as the last one that are somewhat hard to read..
Things that can help bring more clarity: masterstudies, moviestills, or this article about ''taming the texture monster'' http://chrisoatley.com/hudson-river-painters/

Heres an artist that does crazy insane details in an interesting way.
http://noah-kh.deviantart.com/gallery/ This is not to compare rendering skills but just look at it and ask yourself how can you see whats going on despite of these ludicrous levels of detail?

He utelises high contrast, composition, negative spaces, temperatures,ect.
Basically look at other artists who can balance these aspects and try figuring out how its held together, what makes it cool?

Oooh, thanks again, especially for the links! Texture Monster goes directly into my bookmarks! ^^
hey natzetta

cant see any of your newer stuff on the last page

are the attachments ok?