Warre's sketchbook
Yes thank you.
I'm happy with the improvement too, but the more we improve the more we realize we need too learn much more, isn't it? :)

(09-29-2012, 07:34 PM)Warre Wrote: Yes thank you.
I'm happy with the improvement too, but the more we improve the more we realize we need too learn much more, isn't it? :)

Indeed sir, and thus the journey never ends, but gets easier with time. Keep up the hard work dude, your doing great.

Hello Warre,
I have one small critique on your mark making as i had the exact same problem only a few months ago. I used to get various feedback on transparent looking brush strokes.

So hope you don't mind me posting this link,

http://www.ctrlpaint.com/brush-control-pt-1/ and part two,
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/brush-control-pt-2/

If you watch the first video you'll be making more confident brush strokes real fast.
This is just one way of doing it though, don't feel obliged to stick to any one method.

Lumes did you read my mind, I was about to google my problem after posting next work, thank you :)

45min no ref
Didn't come out as I planned it :/ o well, we learn of our faillures.
Tips on this are more then welcome.

Hey Warre!
You should definitely fill the black background with some more color.
Perhaps try to make a quick snow environment in the background. It just needs to be rough and you will already get a better view on the painting.

Keep going man! :)
Yeah try to avoid using pure blacks for backgrounds.
Is this scene at night? i did one quick google on this and usually snow will be blue,
or yellow with streetlights ect.
You did a good job making them look dynamic and i can almost feel the impact :D

Good, the impact was my main focus.
You guys are right about the background, I tried diff and didn't work out.
But that was plain color, I should do a scene.
Thanks for the tip.

And I learned some good painting tips from Suzanan's Stream yesterday.
About my my transparent looking brushes, witch i struggled on this one to.

I didn't update much lately because I have been doing a lot little sketches.
Many papers.
I just photographed some but quality is poor, but now you have an idea what I'm up to and that I'm not slacking :)

I've been experimenting with color pen's.

These are those who are "watchable".

Some sunday doodles, aprox 10-15 min each.

No of course I don't mind at all, I saw it was wrong.
But I've should have read the text i guess.
I was using those on p21. I have that link from Suzanne's stream, didn't watch it yet.

Thanks a lot!

Nice sketchbook m8 keep it up :)
I need to figure out how to get sharper pictures when i don't have enough natural light.

I'm digging your traditional sketches Man, your keeping with it, and that can be one of the biggest struggles. I think you could learn a lot by drawing things from life more, whatever objects you got lying around. start off simple, and then start challenging yourself.

Keep with it!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Yes you are right, but these are studies to get me of the boring poses I used to draw.
I did much more then the ones I posted here, there done really quick, just to get the feel of other poses.
So they are a bit of a challenge.

But you are right, I planned to draw objects... but there are many things I want to draw! :)

You should check your camera to see if there's some setting to make it focus/ longer exposure to help with taking clearer pictures. Good to see lots of work though, keep it up!

Beside anatomy studies I'm doing a lot of ball pen drawings, it's really fun.
Here are some

Try to aim for more fluid lines with your pen.
Instead of going multiply times over a line, try to get the line correct with your first line.
And then also play a bit more with the thickness of your lines to bring some dynamic into your drawings.

Beside of that it's looking good. Definitely keep going with your anatomy studies and also do a few life drawings if you get the time. Drawing from life is the best thing you can do, especially if you're a beginner. :)

Keep it up warre!
Things are coming along.
Long time since I've done something digital.
I don't post my traditional sketches anymore because i can't get a good picture of it without the sunlight.
While doing this i messed up my brushes and had to find the good one.bah.

O well at least i can post something

Trying to draw with the first line correct instead of multiple lines.
Thickness of lines need work also shading, i used a ref.