donJonSwan and Mr. Toodles thread
WIP from tonight, I'm going to keep poking at it for a bit.

[Image: Uf0SCl.jpg]

Poked at it a bit more.

[Image: 9ao6ll.jpg]
Had some great success with fixing my tablet and me and donjonswan got right back at it tonight! i wanted to practice the planes of the head one more time before diving into creating finished sketches and i am proud to say these were all from my imagination muwahahaha!

oh and, BEJEBUS WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THE PENCIL BEFORE!

Edit: lol i was trying to figure out what made me think the dmeon was so funny and i finally figured out hes doing that pissed off hipster look
[Image: gesturespage12.jpg]
Those pencils are nice for sketching :D Mind blowing!

so after having an epiphany about my life and through the magic of learning and growing up ive decided what ive chosen to do (meaning all this drawing nonsense) is what im proud of and happy to keep doing.

it kinda turned the backburners on in my head to work harder
[Image: sketch6.jpg]

50 mins gonna post more tonight

edit: heres a quick sketch of some robot costume design anyways i did this to blow off some steam after doing a bunch of anatomy stuff ill be finishing up and posting tomorrow!

[Image: sketch7.jpg]
[Image: 9FnTol.jpg]
[Image: 7akWal.jpg]
learned the muscles of the neck and upper torso today! it was alot of fun knowing how to piece everything together starting from gesture and working my way to this point im so glad i took my time to do all of this!

so heres my work and i got a little lazy when i started getting to the shoulders and the abs and obliques so ill have to work on them more
[Image: gesturespage13.jpg]

and heres a sketch applying what i learned it was about 20 mins
[Image: sketch8.jpg]
Really trying to nail the placement and movement of the shoulders tonight i have some studying to do so tonight was cut a bit short for me

[Image: gesturespage14_zps8e5aa48e.jpg]
[Image: ifmhfl.jpg]

Love me some giallo flicks, super fun reference material.
Wow, these studies are coming along great guys!

hooray i learned all of the muscles for the torso! and i also have James Gurneys book on the way to my house and super stoked for that

just wanted to make this post to finish off the torso planes and muscles finaly! if only exams didnt exist lol on to the rest of the body
[Image: gesturespage15.jpg]
[Image: 9aBs3l.jpg]
woohooo the new book rules and me and donjonswan have gotten back into routine

did some work practicing how the shoulder attaches to the upper arm and the muscles of the upper arm that and some more full figures trying to put it all together!
[Image: gesturespage16.jpg]
arms arms arms arms......

still grasping how the muscles work on these dam things felt I made progress but I still need to work on it
[Image: gesturespage17.jpg]
Some quick studies from the past couple nights.

[Image: SoDvol.jpg]

[Image: uKl1fl.jpg]
ok so i did some really horrible arm studies last night and decided to call it quits and evaluate what i need to really work on to make my figures work

i came to the conclusion my foreshortening and gestures were being neglected and i was not using lines that only added to my figure

i was also not building my forms on top of a base gesture so this post is a bunch of all that
[Image: foreshorteningpage1.jpg]

[Image: gesturespage18.jpg]
Went a slightly different direction tonight.

[Image: 1ISpJl.jpg]
Quick study from tonight.

[Image: lDSzGl.jpg]

..and some traditional sketches from the past few days.

[Image: mMxw7l.jpg]

..and a study from last week I forgot to upload.

[Image: hlJvDl.jpg]
Ok its all about hands tonight! did some great studies and learned all about these bad boys. Something i'm always trying to keep in mind is keeping everything feeling really fluid.

Another thing, it's a new month and after proving to myself that I can buckle down and really focus on these things. I'm adding greyscale painting as my next Goldenboy/own goal thing?

I'll still be doing figure work as well, I just feel like its coming to me a lot easier then it was at the beginning of the month so I want to improve on something that I am completely void of!

Unfortunately no greyscales tonight I've just been looking at some resources and trying to get a grasp of what I'm reading before I get on the bull tomorrow anyways I hope anyone thats been following me and DonJonSwan have been enjoying this journey as much as I am

[Image: gesturespage19.jpg]
New month, new goal. Really want to try and create a "finished" piece.

Here's the basic composition I put together tonight.

[Image: gEPqOl.jpg]

Going to keep moving these shapes around tomorrow night before getting into a line drawing.
Ugh, mad at myself for not maximizing my schedule. I half assed it today which was an improvement from before but still not quite what I told myself i was going to do. After reading a few posts on Dave Rapozas blog I decided I seriously need to change the way I think about how I spend my time so I can find those extra hours in a day to improve.

No more laziness! i'm going to change my habits for the better! I want to meet my deahtline!

anyways here's some leg work and my first greyscale! its gonna be a fun month.
[Image: gesturespage20.jpg]
[Image: greyscale1.jpg]