donJonSwan and Mr. Toodles thread
The next step in what I think is going to be a very long process.

[Image: aSdB0l.jpg]

Feels slow, I really love throwing down big abstract shapes. Going from that to something that I'd like to be more refined is a real challenge. One that I'm going to really try to push over these next couple days/weeks.
Well today was a bad day for producing good work. Good thing i'm taking my time to go at it! I took most of my night doing some absolutely atrocious studies of value that I think should never see the light of day.

Here's the rest of my night. I have gone through the entire human body! hooray!
[Image: gesturespage21.jpg]
Well this is a good metaphor for this month so far bahaha
I need to start observing from life and since I live in south florida i'm gonna try and look for the unique things I have at my disposal.

beaches
the everglades
a bunch of old people

Maybe I'll start picking up some kinda style out of it but i'm more concerned with getting good value studies out of it
[Image: sketch15.jpg]
Some baby steps.

[Image: tEc6kl.jpg]

..and another more experimental piece I'm painting at the same time to keep me going.

[Image: xvs7Nl.jpg]
Spent this weekend hoping that some part of my social life still existed after the transition into college. Long story short it doesn't lol so ya I just took a break this weekend and realized I hated every minute of it. I was just wasting time and that's something I don't plan on doing anymore
gonna start reading some lumis stuff on painting tomorrow

here's about 40 mins of fun
[Image: sketch16.jpg]
Reminder to myself: SLOW DOWN, SLOOOOOOOW THE FUCK DOWN.

[Image: rj116l.jpg]
well i'm currently reading about the form principle, and the munsell color system. Tomorrow is my first attempt at doing some good studies with value i'm gonna go as basic as possible and build myself up from their. I have been doing a lot of stuff the isn't helpful at all

anyways here's a fun little sketch for the night
[Image: sketch17.jpg]
progresssssssss omg why do exams exist I want to work on my stuff more dang it

so after a few days of doing some in depth research I started to understand forms and such still making my characters blocky gotta do some round object practice. I'm gonna be working on this un here for a while
[Image: form-study-2.jpg]
morree work on my stufff

[Image: form-study-sketchy.jpg]
bluh done for the night

[Image: form-study-skethy-2.jpg]
[Image: dQ0ial.jpg]
Some spaceships from my traditional sketchbook. Copics and microns.

[Image: voyaRl.jpg]
fun warm up lol

[Image: sketch-20.jpg]
What the heck is this lol

[Image: form-1.jpg]
realllllly not getting this lol heres an imaginary light source thing and a mullet

Attached Files Image(s)

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
[Image: lqcPml.jpg]
Big thanks to brenthollowell for the massively inspirational mentoring video. Had a lot of fun listening and learning while working on this sketch using his first method.

[Image: CvPzrl.jpg]
erhmagurrrrrrd forms what are youuuuuuuu!

pretty neat lesson Brent gave out today i'm gonna keep at the techniques he demonstrated and make my sketches work..somehow lol

Hey hey bonus update guys! me and DonJon decided enough was enough. We needed to start adding some spice to our relationship by forging a collaboration project. This is my re-work of one of Dons thumbs hes gonna be posting one of mine. The way we decided to do this was to give each other one of our older pieces and let the other guy have a ball with whatever it was

after such a bad turnout I was bursting with sketch rage! here's my half :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Too much fun.

Toodles sketch..

[Image: FOh97l.jpg]

My quick paintover...

[Image: guTiml.jpg]