Kerro's drawing practice
Hi guys,

i'm very new to this forum but i like the vibe of it very much!

A little something about me:

i'm 34, been doodling all my life, loooove comic books and animation in a pathological way and am working on making an animation all by myself.

So what are you doing here i hear you shout? Well i also have a lifelong dream of drawing my own comics plus for an animator being able to draw storyboards and paint concepts is incredibly valuable!

I was already getting quite serious about my 3d stuff for a while but recently i attended a talk by the living legend Roger Dean who talked about the dedication it takes to be an artist so i decided to start practicing every day, right now i'm working on one of my major weaknesses -
drawing humans in correct proportions:

Also i'm currently in weekly life drawing class:

I just came back tonight with two more drawings from the class but i'll wait till tomorrow to take a pic when the light is better ;)
Ok so here are two more pics from last night's life drawing class:

Hey first off welcome to the group kerro I know it may seem daunting but your on the right track (attacking your weakness). Yes it take a considerable amount of dedication and studying, but take it one day at a time, one step at a time. keep it coming id like to see more!

*He who says he can and he who says he cant are usually both correct*
blog
sketchbook
deviantart
Thanks David! Yeah takin' it one day at a time, except for the couple days when i had to do some work in my house - putting together ikea furniture and stuff, that was fun :dodgy:

So i found out my true kryptonite when it comes to drawing, it's not lack of inspiration cause i can always make myself draw from some ref but exhaustion: that's a real killer! I really can't do it when i'm too tired so like a bunch of "deathlines" i read here i think getting in shape is also something i should work on!

Anyhoo only one more naked lady to show, i think i might ink and color this one at later stage:

Got life drawing again on wednesday so more to post soon!
Ok haven't updated in a while but have been drawing still for the most part.

One more from life drawing class:

And more practice, i decided to "ink and color" one of the portraits of Paz Vega, not very succesfully... i really need to practice my inking as well wich i still find tricky to do digitally..

Also i did a bunch of stick figures from ref and from my imagination cuz i thought it might help me draw characters without ref eventually, good idea?