Sam's Arty Things
This will be somewhat of an art dump, all the stuff im about to post are things that arn't finished enough for the "finished works" section or were really quick paintings.
Sci Fi Stuff
[Image: experimentingcopycgs.jpg]
Paintover of my friends 3d scene, added i the characters, building and the snow.
[Image: snowwy.jpg]
Matte Painting practice, great fun but need to practice way more!
[Image: apocalpse1copylowrescgs.jpg]
[Image: apocalpse2smallcgs.jpg]
Still life studies, the croc was way harder than i thought he'd be.
[Image: sl04m.jpg]
[Image: sl01m.jpg]
[Image: 57941037353678268162827.jpg]
[Image: 57903437288462274684427.jpg]
Born from squiggles, i waved the pen around for a bit til i found a line i liked then painted this guy, almost an hour paint.
[Image: squigglemonster2.jpg]
Speedy cave study looking at light
[Image: speedcave.jpg]
really don't like this, veichle design sucks and just not really feeling the whole image.
[Image: feng1copysmall.jpg]
Mr Maul Speedy Paint
[Image: sketch2copy.jpg]

Another 1hr monster paint.[Image: monster1x.jpg]

My main bad crit is that i use Black way too much, trying to break out of that now but finding it pretty hard!
Think that's everything, crit away!! :)

Some cool stuff here man, on the right track for sure, definitely stay away from too much black, and perhaps lay off on textures so much before its truly finished, some paintings the texture is taking away from what would be an otherwise nice picture, like the chameleon where everything is super crispy and textured, you could easily lose some from the trees and keep the focus on the little guy himself. But yeah man, i guess it all comes with practice and trial and error, good stuff!
Cheers man, will try to hold back on those textures. If i'm ever in doubt about a part of the image then it will either be black or covered in textures. :P Which is baaaaaad and need to get out of it!
Thanks for your crit though. :)

To avoid using too much black, try thinking about bounce light and the light dispersed in the air.
Keep up the good work! :]

Yeah man i'm trying, bought gurney book on colour and light a few days ago, been reading it making this face o_0
Slowly getting the hang of it!

Having films week next week at a local pub and they're having a little art exhibition going on at the same time showing peoples own design of a movie poster. So this is my entry.
bit of a rush getting it done and tried to use less black!

[Image: jpposterfinalcgs.jpg]

This was a practice doodle, thought it turned out ok but fairly boring.
[Image: fantasycgs.jpg]

Based off of a friends original sketch i asked and went ahead and did this version of it, was only a quick piece done in breaks between jobs
[Image: venomcgs.jpg]

Loved working on these 2, Wanted to try a whole new style and see how it turned out,
[Image: skullmaskcgssmall.jpg]
[Image: lovedeathcgs.jpg]

Looks like that new style is working for you, reminds me of some of the work from graphic novels!

Happy Christmas! [Image: xmasprintcgs.jpg]

More from the batman series.
[Image: jokercgs.jpg]
[Image: posterbatmancgs.jpg]

And the final poster, may tone down some of that snow
[Image: postercgs.jpg]

Wanted to try something out of my comfort zone.
[Image: planetcgs.jpg]

Photo 
posted in deatline a few days ago:

want to get better at--
anatomy **
colour theory **
less use of 100% black
stop using so much photo ref for characters **
stop going crazy with textures *
stop being lazy and saying "fuck it that'll do" **
Environments **
***Use this website more!!***

I think that's that, looking at it now it doesn't seem like a big list, but i know its going to take aaaaaaages to nail all of that.
My main thing i want to get to grips with is anatomy, i get it to an extent but i realise i suck the most when i try to do a character from scratch, i can spend hours and hours trying to get the pose right getting more and more frustrated and in the end always just get a camera and photograph myself doing the pose.

Anyway my aim is to do something from this list every day maybe an hour or 2 in my lunch break, what those things will be i need a bit of help with.
I've alot got a fair few arty books so going to read through all of those and try out any tutorials which apply to what i'm trying to improve.

top gear study - 45mins
[Image: topgearstudy.jpg]

nice work
[Image: doodle050113.jpg]

I just... wtf is this!?
Anatomy has just got to the top of my list of things to get better at! Given more time i'd of fixed it but i want to try and speed up.
Will try and get a few studies done today between work.

[Image: crowdspeedpaint.jpg]

made a crowd brush and wanted to try it out.

[Image: cybergirlcgs.jpg]

another study gone out of hand.
was looking at hair, lips and pretty mush making a girl character look like a girl. way hrder than i thought, was forever changing the scale of eyes lips etc.

Whaaaat that improvement in a few months? I double checked the dates of the posts thinking there must have been about a year in between posts or something crazy, haha keep it up

Thanks Corza, i find my work very hit and miss, some stuff i look at it and go "whaa i did that, great?!" then do something else and "go whaaat the hell is that, get it off my screen!"
Still loads and loads to learn. :)

Rather than using pen pressure used the hard round and set the opacity with the number pad.
All i could fit in today between work!
[Image: sketch060113.jpg]

Sorry to re-upload the arms but couldn't be bothers to crop them out.
Also added some quick sketches i did today whilst i was out. :)

[Image: sketch15.jpg]

[Image: sketch02.jpg]

wip of some client work
[Image: prev1u.jpg]

10-20mins each
[Image: anatomygirlset.jpg]

[Image: finalsx.jpg]

The awesome Jonas De Ro released his brush set today so will have a crack at an environment study later after work. :)
Also, imageshack is useless and i think it blacks any nudity, what else can i use aside from the uploader on this?