Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Cool stuff! I like your last WIP, she kind of reminds me of Rey combined with Capable from Mad Max Fury Road. I'd recommend maybe a darker brown for her outfit so that it doesn't blend in with her skin color so much. And a desert setting seems to fit her outfit, maybe do something like that for the bg? Looking forward to it!

So sorry to hear about your struggles Lale! So beautiful your words tho, made me a little choked up at the end <_> hit me up on skype for a chat sometime ^^ Loving the centaur-lizard

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Aalright! Taking my pink hair lady and decided to make just two quick thumbnails to get something more dynamic. I think I like the one on the left and will kinda go for that. *_*

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Working on several paintings at a time mad eme realize I need to do a few study too before I dive any further into it and do too many mistakes.
So I spent a few hours on a portrait and value study.. Ended up into smth too realistic for my taste but.. anyway. xD I'm happy to see I still know well enough how to translate colors I see into b&w values.. :)

Also added a quick color splash before I left yesterday and it seemed to work ok.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Heya!

Working on my two illustrations at the same time.. Went further with the thumbnail I had previously done.. I need to think of what she's going to wear *_*

Thanks for stopping by!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Couldn't resist brushing up this (6 months old) girl for some reason.. Needed a bit of easy painting before going to bed. Fixed the eyes and the cheek a little.. Just for fun. :) Goodnight y'all!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Slowly coming together.. :) What a challenge this one is being!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Can I please die now? >.<

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Almost.... theeere.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Hey! Cool stuff you have here. I like your colors on that Ray girl!

About the last piece I think about her pose and I see her skating away from that town) If she's running than references is your friends) I think you should add an ambient light where her clothes touches the body. Just a bit. Also I'd like to see some variety in colors like you did with that Ray girl. Aside that - good work. Keep it coming)

Hey Lale! nice work you have here :) I made a paintover suggesting some things. the first thing I changed was her left breast, which was a little too large in comparison to the right one (specially in this case because it's supposed to be a little forshortened :P)

second one is her clothes. the right side is nice since it's following the curves of the shoulders, but the left one is kinda flat because it's not following properly the shape of the body.

lastly I would suggest to reconsider the foreshortened arm. I couldn't changed it as I would like, but I think it's a little weird because its distortion is pretty extreme. anyway...

I really hope it helps somehow! and sorry for my terrible english, hahaha

Thanks a lot for the advice guys! I've worked on the shoulders and changed the foreshortened arm a bit so it isn't as extreme of an angle.. The boob now has the right size and some ambient/occlusion shadows where the cloth touches the skin. I still have the ground to work on and then I'll be done! Yeayy!! ^^Thanks again for your help!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Here's the final image! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
This one is coming along nicely and you seemed to have worked hard to resolve those forshortening issues, which can be a pain. Keep working on it because it helps your work really stand out! I would say that you have to darken the legs significantly, to push them back. As they are under her robes they will be getting relatively little ambient light from the sky. Give it a try and you'll see what i mean :D

Thanks Kimonas! I'll do that!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Love that girl value study, good quality there.

The running girl piece looks solid, the midground, the colours, the composition and the pose work well.
I would just encourage you to tweak a few things; if you can and it´s your intention to make her a bit more feminine, make the shoulder-neck distance slightly narrower, add a subtle shadow to her left leg.
I like her final face but it lost some of the strenght the sketch had, a powerfull face. Don´t know if it was on purpose or not, it´s just a personal taste haha.

Keep the good work Lale!

Thanks a lot Rick! No it wasn't intended, I tried all I could to keep that face nice but I lost it in the process..
I added some shadows on the legs and will see what I can do about the shoulder area! Thank you!!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Working on a new painting.. Hope I can finish it by the end of next week, before I go to THU! ^^

Thanks for stopping by ;)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
It's slowly improving.. :) But It'll be done by the time I fly off to THU on Sunday! One last painting for my portfolio.. yeayy! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Crikey LaleAnn - your work is stunning :).

That portraint in post #384 is awesome and really nice anatomy (especially the hands) and lighting on that last piece!

Looking forward to more :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook