Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Hi guys! :blush:

I'm Lale and I'm a 22 year old girl who wants to get INTENSE with art! So I'll be practicing everyday and I'll try to post what I've done here (if it's worth anything). :)

So feel free to comment and critique, because I'm here to get better and better! :D I'll be waiting! ;)

And here's the first post, a few sketches from my sketchbook. Hope you'll enjoy!
:)

Attached Files Image(s)

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Hey Lale and welcome to the forum! :)

Nice start and good to see that you're already doing anatomy studies.
A good way to start working more efficiently is to do a few drawings from imagination so you can easily figure out your weak areas.
And afterwards you just keep practicing these weak areas until you feel strong in this area.
Afterwards you can just repeat these and always keep practicing your (at this moment) weakest points.
Just be very self critical with your work and work your way along.

Keep it up! :)
Nemome
Love that muscle study and the shaded female figure, keep em coming!

Thanks a lot Nemome! That's what I do! ^^ My weak points are environments and in portraits I tend to make noses too big or eyes/pupils looks weird. I need to work on perspective a LOT. I kinda understand it when I look at things surrounding me, but when it comes to drawing it from imagination... Hmmm...I need to strengthen my bases in that area before going into imagined landscapes! :P

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
So here's what I've been studying this afternoon. I suck at landscapes, and this took way too long... But I keep pushing!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
neat stuff Lale! nothing much to say at the moment except this: keep this updated, i´m looking forward to your updates.

Seconding what Eduardo said, keep 'em coming!

Keep practising and you'll get what you want :]

One of the 5 head studies I've been doing as assignment in the "Anatomy of a Pinup" here on Crimson Daggers. :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Here Is a paint over i did i hope it helps. Ive notice that you dont push your highlights.. So your characters have a tendency to blend into the background. Ive pushed the highlights a little far but she stands out from the background now. I know it is just a study but when we push our studies just a little further we learn so much more.. Continue the great work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks! Well actually it was supposed to be a "drawing". not a painting. That's why I focused not on values but on making the portrait as resemblant as possible with the original reference using lines.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
First study of the day! A bit rough, but I'll keep it like this. :p About 1h30. This must be my first digital skull ever...o.0

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Today's environment study. Tried not to go too deep into details, but I really don't know how not to yet (I'm talking about the tiles and that kind of tiny things)..
Anyway, I learned a few things with one, even though it took a bit longer than planned. :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
And here's my contribution to the Self Portrait Day! :D

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
And heres a bed-time study! Realy need to work on dudes (and other stuff's) muscles.. It's really fun actually! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
I always like seeing anatomy studies, just because they are normally fairly intricate and take time to do correctly.
agogo anatomical structure! Th_101_

And a few other anatomical studies (drawn on the same file).. It's hard and takes time but I really enjoy it!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Soo after a little while away, here I am back! So today I've been working on a few studies for an upcoming illustration I hope to complete (involving a dragon and a knight :P)

Won't post the rock studies I did because I just think they are not worth looking...

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
nice studies, specially this last one, keep going!

Latest WIP... THink i got too fancy with what I had in mind regarding my skills but hey! I'll take this as far as I can! So any help would be welcome ;)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio