Yarrnick´s Sketcbook
Hi, I´m Yannick.

Currently having an off year with school so I have lots of time at my hands. I draw all day but I still slack with all minor things. I opened this Sketchbook to motivate myself more.

Attached Files Image(s)

2012/12/07

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man! Great work! THose sketches and hands are gorgeous!! I also love the speedpaintgs studies! Why don't you try to push them just a liiittle further into detailing? I'm sure it'd be even better! :D Can't wait to see more from you! :)

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
wow thanks so much for the reply :D I'm usually so bad at hands, I'm glad that you like them ^^ I love hogarth, I didn't really understood it with Loomis.

At the moment im trying to get accurate colour, and when I feel like I have most in, I usually stop and start with somthing else. I'm not sure if thats the right way Th_053_XD
I'll try to finish them in the future, it makes more sense anyway... bad habbits -.-

2012/12/08

Attached Files Image(s)

Only thing i was able to do today... -.- I feels bad man

2012/12/09

Attached Files Image(s)

welcome! great amount of studies ! =)

so many studies, well done! the hand ones are really good btw.

Thanks so much for the replies! From reading the comments I really get motivated to spend some more time on the hands ^^

Last days were awfull, I only made crap. It's going a bit better now, just a bit...

I feel like I'm too impacient when i'm drawing from reference...

Attached Files Image(s)

2012/12/17

Attached Files Image(s)

2012/12/19

Attached Files Image(s)

2012/12/20

Feel free to comment on my WIP. I used John Bauer as inspiration because the person who this is ment for really likes him.

But do it quickly it's almost doomsday.

Anatomy went way better, Color went way worse.

Attached Files Image(s)

So many studies! The work you're putting out is awesome - I really love how textural your paintings are and your linework in anatomy is lovely and clean, although I think that's just a jealousy thing for me since my sketches are everywhere.

I'd say that in your latest anatomy stuff the thighs/feet seem a bit small, but I guess it depends who you're using as reference. Humans are weird.

Anyway, great stuff! Your food studies are making me really hungry.

hollinrake.art @ gmail.com
Portfolio
deviantART
Sketchbook
Thanks! I'm really trying to keep my output up, its kinda tough some days. I still feel like my sketches lack in dept, I should focus on it, and hands and feet. I see I'm really getting lazy when I'm drawing those :P

Thanks so much for you reply! :D

Attached Files Image(s)

holy ^&%$! great sketchbook man! awesome studies! :D
hey, great start to your sketchbook! looking at your cookie colour study you don't seem to have a lot of the blues in it, there's also a very nice purple in the shadow in one part of the image, I think that copuld take your images to the next level as there are some blue hues you are missing in the pudding study also. Really try and look for the colours that are there, and don't be afraid to experiment, if you see a hint of a colour put it in, see how it reads, experiment with it :).

(12-23-2012, 05:13 AM)Moon-Spell Wrote: holy ^&%$! great sketchbook man! awesome studies! :D

Thanks man! Trying my best!

(12-23-2012, 06:16 AM)JonHop Wrote: hey, great start to your sketchbook! looking at your cookie colour study you don't seem to have a lot of the blues in it, there's also a very nice purple in the shadow in one part of the image, I think that copuld take your images to the next level as there are some blue hues you are missing in the pudding study also. Really try and look for the colours that are there, and don't be afraid to experiment, if you see a hint of a colour put it in, see how it reads, experiment with it :).

I agree my color studies lack punch. In generally I feel like my clones always lack saturation. Sometimes I put in the starting colours and I end up just mixing those and try to get the proportions right and at the end i sort of forget the details... I think it has to do somewhat with unwillingness to change approach. I know I'm doing it wrong but for some reason its more of an eye opener when some one points you at it. Thanks for your reply!

Also today was terrible, I drew so much but i removed so many becuase it was so crappy.

2012/12/23

Attached Files Image(s)

Color is going better I'd say :> Been doing alot of heads, tho they all look crap so I didnt save any of them haha

Attached Files Image(s)

2012/12/29

Attached Files Image(s)

happy new year everybody btw.

Attached Files Image(s)

über nice jaahh ;D on to the personal drawings! ^^