AlfonsoX SKETCHBOOK
Hi!

I know Im a total begginer, so please be harsh and help me to improve. Thank You.

This are my most recent studies.

Studies

60 seconds gestures (sorry for quality)

Imagination

Still life

Photo study

Really Good Study ;)

hey AlfonsoX ino you want to get better dude so im not gonna sugar coat this

first off you not varying your mark making using the same brush EVEryWherE! this makes your images muddy alos your values are too close together combine that with bad edges makes it worse!

you need to work on your drawing and values i suggest hitting the loomis books, all 6 of them are free pdfs online google dat shit.
[Image: Andrew_Loomis_books_by_QuicheLoraine.png][Image: Loomis_Andrew_Figure_Drawing_For_All_Its_Worth.jpg]
for value check out my sketchbook follow the value study form scot robertsons mate suface rendering dvds

as for the brushwork read this paintover tut i made for razvanb08 http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-858-page-7.html
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9197]

use a soft airbrush for soft forms and a noraml hardround for edges

soft brushes for soft things

hard brushes for hard things

easy right :)

tiny color theory tip
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=9197[Image: attachment.php?aid=9197]
when your lighting or darkening colors,form,light whatever
be mindfull of color temperature

rule of thumb is Warm light=cool shadow and vise versa
you can the the light tempreture by simply the color of the hightlight and areas of mass-light which way dose it lean to warm or cool?

in the the original above raz went too warm with the shadows and lights her skin is quite pale but theres tonnnes of colors , theres greens and pinks in the areas of mass light and blues purples and green blues in the shadows but if you color pick them they just look like normal skintones?!?!

thats because colors are relative the tempreature refers to in which direction of the color wheel the hue is shifted, cool grey shifted a bit to the green on skin looks like blue vein but it isnt blue its just a cool grey...ITS WHATS AROUND IT that makes it look like a cool grey ...weird shit right

a neutal gray would look redish in a sea of blue

work on your drawing , also quick tip dont "pet" your lines be confident and do whole strokes thats one way to get better edges

best of luck man n happy painting :D

jackjones: Thank you Sir
iggytek: Thank you very much. I take notes and try to work those things out.

Photo Study working value first

Color

Gestures (no timelimit, around 5min each)
Trying to work on firm strokes

After Frazetta. I love his femmes.

Composition study

this

Attached Files Image(s)

Happy new year!
I'm focusing on perspective atm, although there is nothing to show about it... yet ;)

Some without time limit... guess which ones xDD

Winter is coming

Solid series

Good start here, keep up with the fundamentals !

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Thanks

Sketchbook: p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6 p7
Hey man thanks for the comment in my sketchbook i really appreciate it! Awesome studies im really digging them! Those last perspective studies are awesome really slaps me in the face the i need to learn some of that myself!
back

These are done on the Surface pc tablet.
For some reason I draw more confident on the Surface pc tablet than on the pc with Intuos M.
1- On the Surface I draw with wrist while on intuos I have to draw from elbow and shoulder
2- On the Surface the scale is 1:1 while on Intuos what I draw is scaled up on the 27´ monitor.

Istebrak Face Challenge Day 2

As a challenge´s rule I need one crit before going into next face. So Ill be really grateful for any critic.

9 hours: 1 rendering 8 moving stuff around