Crimson Characters #2 - Menes, The Undying Pharaoh
Long ago there was a pharaoh named Menes, who united the Upper and Lower Egypt. This helped the people and land thrive, though not everyone was happy. In particular, a hateful scarab-priest resented the pharaoh for uniting her precious Lower Egypt with the people of the Upper Egypt.
One day, the pharaoh was visited by the priest and she cursed him with a corrupting immortality. Menes laughed at the priest "Immortality a curse? For a king? Laughable!" he shouted before having her removed. 7 days later he was dead and buried in the royal pyramid. He awoke shortly after the pyramid was sealed to find he was undead and trapped within his tomb. He spent centuries roaming his pyramid, while his curse twisted his form and mind. He is Menes, The Undying Pharaoh.

Guidelines:
  • Menes is undead.
  • He doesn't have to be human but should be humanoid.
  • WIPs are welcome, but try not to spam updates.

Rules:
  • Do a study to apply to your character and learn something!
  • Menes is a king, not queen.
  • Please keep your images to a reasonable size, not to large not to small.
  • 75% of your character must be visible.
  • Have Fun!

Deadline is December 30th. I'm giving a extra week because of holidays being right around the corner. Many of us want to spend them with the families!
cool theme!

I was really interested by this weeks entry. So I started pulling some refs for study on egyptian designs. Just a quick step on some ideas Ive drummed up.

My idea approaching this pharaoh is less "magical undead zombie" moreso "undead old king who has been alone so long he has gone clinical and talks to himself".

[Image: undeadpharaohconcept_zpseb63734b.jpg]
Man looking forward to this great topic :)

I like your sketches, Ronin. I think the 3rd is the best suited for the character's culture. I'm not to sure the antlers are Egyptian though so maybe find another helmet ornament with a stronger presence in Egyptian culture? I'm looking forward to where you take it!

EDIT: Thanks Jack, I see it now. You used the Pschent crown and as jack said just cropped it oddly.

(12-17-2012, 10:42 AM)atrenr Wrote: I like your sketches, Ronin. I think the 3rd is the best suited for the character's culture. I'm not to sure the antlers are Egyptian though so maybe find another helmet ornament with a stronger presence in Egyptian culture? I'm looking forward to where you take it!

I dont think its antlers it seems to be like a very tall hat similar to what some pharoes wore,just cropped badly.

Kewl, I'm gonna make a little something for this one, here are very quick studies before going to bed

[Image: pharaonstud.jpg]

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Just a reminder to everyone, you have 8 days left! (extra week since holidaaaaays)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Heaven!

I did a few thumbs for Menes, not sure which I like the most though, haha.

Menes !

Attached Files Image(s)

-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
I procrastinated mine and rushed it, not to happy with the end result.
Ah well~ 016

Attached Files Image(s)

Hah nice one !

-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA