Rapunzel and a Leviathan Queen...
Hello! Just wanted to stop in and post the finals of two oil paintings I've been working on FOREVER:

[Image: LV_3.jpg?imgmax=800]
Leviathan Queen, 60"x 40"

[Image: Rampion-Rising.jpg?imgmax=800]
Rampion Rising, 24"x 34"

They are done--not going to look back, but please do let me know what you think! Any criticism I will take into account for future work! If you're curious about my adventures in oil painting, check out my blog for recent live-and-learn experiences. Up next: lots of digital work, so expect more in the sketchbook!

On a side note, it's been so long since I've logged into Conceptart.org, that it appears all the galleries are gone and now there's just the forum! Am I crazy or is that really the case??

They are both totaly awesome! Love how you painted and detailed the different parts in leviathan queen, it also has a nice viewing-flow, if you know what I mean ( sorry dont have the right word for it^^)
(01-19-2013, 05:40 AM)venividipinxi Wrote: They are both totaly awesome! Love how you painted and detailed the different parts in leviathan queen, it also has a nice viewing-flow, if you know what I mean ( sorry dont have the right word for it^^)

Thanks, Matt! Yes, I really struggled with the composition of "Leviathan Queen", so I'm glad it's "flowing" and therefore working for you. I disregarded your warning and clicked on your DeviantArt portfolio--I loved your forest speed paintings!

I simply love the paintings, the first one is such a great idea =) Can't wait to see more from you!
(01-23-2013, 11:45 AM)Zaphk Wrote: I simply love the paintings, the first one is such a great idea =) Can't wait to see more from you!

Oooooh! You were the one who submitted my absolute favorite Totoro piece!!! Mine sucked, but I LOVED yours. :D