IGORIVs SKETCHBOOK
Ok... here is my WIP.... Plz crit before I start finishing it....

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1702408&d=1359730977]
Hey dude, a few crits from me through a paintover: Sorry if it sounds blunt...trying to be quick, not rude ;)

It is too evenly detailed overall. Simplified any background detail where it was needed. Background was desaturated lowered in contrast to push it back and create a better silhouette for character. Also tried to fix the perspective in the mid going to bg which is off.
Used light vs dark to create some depth and interest.

The fire isn't very realistic, need to use reference. (I didn't which is why mine still sucks)

Guy: Apologies for the crapness of the paintover on the guy and this isn't where I would leave it especially in terms of consistency of colour and light source etc, but it demonstrates the idea I'm trying to get across I hope!
You're losing the shape of the near arm against the rest of his body so it's hard to tell what's going on. Really nice rendering on that abdomen decoration, but it's competing so it had to be dulled . Perspective on that shoulder plate I felt was a bit off, as was the bottom of the axe handle.
I tried to suggest a more obvious light source and introduce shadowing vs light across his form to again create some variation and interest as well as focus on specific areas like his face.

Basically I suggest thinking about where you put your effort and detail up only what needs it, then use light and shadow to create interest, depth and accentuate the comp.
Hope that helps!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Monkeybread: Thank you very much for the crit... thx for taking your time... I tried to fix all the stuff you told me to do... so here is the new one...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1703373&d=1359798435]
This is a new illustration I am working on... This time I am really focusing on the composition because i think that is my biggest weakness... Plz crit and help on how can i make it look... just cool...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1703422&d=1359811560]
I am really trying to push this one to a professional level... here I am posting two wips... It is just the body whit no clothes and staff... It is better but I feel like I can do something better whit the rendering and lighting... I just can't figure it out.... plz help.... I am trying to make the lighting as intense as possible... here are the two wips...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1704408&d=1359884114]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1704410&d=1359884193]
Have you tried posting in the crit section? You'll probably get more feedback. In terms of comp you dont really seem to overlap objects much which makes it look like everything is just drawn around the character. I think you have jumped ahead a bit. If you want to nail the comp, why not do at least 5 or 6 thumbnails that are all very different and pick the best one from those.

monkeybread: Yea I will post there... yea I drawn around the character to emphasize the character but i will put more overlapping stuff... and yea, I did a bunch of tubnails before I picked this one... And just to say I am really grateful that you keep taking your time to help me and crit my stuff... THX!
I really think your characters always seem "Off balance". Slanted more than they should be in one particular direction.

The first one seems a bit normal because it looks like he is running but I still feel he is JUST A BIT over slanted... In the other one, she looks like she could be sitting down or falling over (losing balance)
Its Done!!!

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1708900&d=1360272560]

The lighting and render quality turned out nice man. You have no issues taking something to finished and that's great. I can see a few issues related more to fundamentals though. Anatomy; her right arm is suffering from rubber arm syndrome it looks like there are no muscles and bone especially where the triceps should be and at the condyle. Actually her condyle is missing and we should be able to see it. There is a foreshortening issue with her other arm, it looks mini rather than going into the distance.
In general while you render the 'armour' well it seems to be floating on top of her rather than her actually wearing it. I think if you rendered these around her forms more it would integrate better. I think your workflow of doing the naked figure first fully rendered then adding the costume may be why you are having this problem, so you need to make sure that you are extra careful with matching them to the figure really well. Hope that was useful crit?

Thx monkeybread!!!

Here is the Dragon Hunter I did and a environment for the gnomon contest....

[Image: 64524_523487027692021_1938942023_n.jpg]

[Image: 601990_526626400711417_615326414_n.jpg]

A sketch I did of a Egyptian demon...

[Image: 318_large.jpg]

Done with one more... :)
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1732176&d=1362167184]

I was really inspired by the mentoring class SamC did and I learned allot from it... Too bad I wasnt in CD at the time so I watched it in retrospective...

So I figured I will do the mentoring class I want to get (do the job you wanna get... you know)...

I really liked the kinship cad idea so I took that idea but replaced the characters with a rough and a wolf...

So I will be posting stuff here step by step (like in the class) and you guys crit... The more you write the more help it will be... And who knows if I am lucky maybe Sam will leave some comments...

The first step was quick tubnails, so plz help me chose 2 of the best ones and also tell me what I could change to make them better...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1733802&d=1362306342]

I got no replies :/ so I taught I'd post more thumbnails... plz I really need some feedback at least write two numbers that doesn't take that long...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1734986&d=1362395647]

Of these I'm digging 4 and 6 the most. 4 is definitely the strongest. Great diagonal comp, nice value separation between fore/mid/back. more dynamic motion. What's the aim of the illustration though? Is it a card?

Monkeybread: Thx! Yea it is supposed to be a card showing kinship between the wolf and his master...

Based on the crit and crits from other sites I made 2 b/w ruffs... I tried to use all the feedback and compile 2 images so I can now pick one witch I will take to a final render...

The wolf and character designs are not shown here. I will be working on them while I wait for feedback... I will make them have matching colors, armor, glowing tattoos etc... It will be obvious that they are a team...

So plz crit these 2 ruffs and tell me witch one to pick for my final illustration... THX!

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1736809&d=1362568118]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1736794&d=1362564165]

Hi Igor!

Nice roughs, I agree that 4 and 6 (7 is nice too) are what caught my interest the most. Out of the two roughs you've pushed a bit, I'm drawn to the first one. It says "team" a little more. The anticipation of battling the unseen and setting out a story has a little more energy to it. Whereas with the other one I'm not really sure of the story...

I know it's rough, but just watch out for the placement of his right leg. It looks a little long because I think it's tapered too thin as it approaches his body and it appears to be attaching to the front of his crotch. Whereas, the thigh joints into the hip and then wraps around the side and into the buttock.

Cool work so far dude, keep pushing it :)

Lungcell Thank you for the feedback!!!

I am glad that you wrote those things... The leg is bad... I agree... I will definitely change it if I chose to go with that one...