Silver's Sketchbook
Waddup Silver. sorry I've fallen off on my support for your SB. But having returned man, I see you are seriously rocking on some shit! I love your determination to take on all kinds of different things. Thats pretty cool, I also love that lasso experiment you did with the mech kinda guy. That has some serious potential. I would like to see you push this a bit more, of course if you are up to it. haha Things are looking good here, promising sketches, environments, and experimentation, keep it up. Of course, continue to push your knowledge of picture making, throw in some academic studies, perspective, anatomy value stuff, yeah the generic suggestions I know, but will pay off for certain. Keep grinding man, and am glad you fingers are likely better by now! Cheers
@MrFrenik damn i forgot about my values, i was really focused in my colors ,you're totaly right!! i'l fixed.

@ I STRaY I - Than you so much for your words bro, that really motivates me more, I've been seriously doing perspective studies lately but is killing me i envy you haha!!

I'm going to take some classes of figure drawing and portraits in july hope it helps ><.

Cheers Joshua, see you in conceptart.org later if they fix the problem xD !!!

Nice sketchbook Silver. I like how you're posting on a regular basis and even practicing during your classes!

(06-01-2013, 01:28 PM)MonoOrder Wrote: Nice sketchbook Silver. I like how you're posting on a regular basis and even practicing during your classes!

Thank you !!!

----------------------------

Fucking snow is really hard to me ,that's the reason why i like to paint it haha

any advice, please?

dxdsajxalxnznaxskz

Hey Silver! the values in your last sketch are great.
For the snowy one, well that snow really reads like spider web, because you rendered it in a way that looks like fibers and threads. The rocks and the robot are good though.
My is advice is a very generic one, just do some studies about real snow (or even better, if you location allows it, try to paint snow from life) After all, we can only learn to paint/draw something when whe understand something.

(06-03-2013, 09:25 PM)EduardoGaray Wrote: Hey Silver! the values in your last sketch are great.
For the snowy one, well that snow really reads like spider web, because you rendered it in a way that looks like fibers and threads. The rocks and the robot are good though.
My is advice is a very generic one, just do some studies about real snow (or even better, if you location allows it, try to paint snow from life) After all, we can only learn to paint/draw something when whe understand something.

Thank you so much Ed!

We don't have snow here T-T . i guess that is the reason why i feel that i cant paint it well. but yeah i'm doing some studies and i found that snow is way more simplistic that i thought.

i'll post a wip later and i would like another advice from you, thanks again, cheers !

P.S : just for fun :P :

Hells yeah, abominable snowboarder! I dig it.

I agree with eddy, the values in the asian knight sketch look solid. Just gotta refine for a more finished look.

(06-06-2013, 07:54 AM)MrFrenik Wrote: Hells yeah, abominable snowboarder! I dig it.

I agree with eddy, the values in the asian knight sketch look solid. Just gotta refine for a more finished look.

Thank you!!

Soldier concept, i'll paint it later, hope you like :)

FUN!!

Monk

Your paintings are improving alot! Don't forget to spam some anatomy studies; the monk's face looks a bit scrunched...all of his features are fighting for the center of the face.

@ Mannyhaatz

you're tottally right buddy, I konw T-T he has a lot problems but it was just a quick sketch, i really didn't pay enough attention haha, i'll do next time!

-----------------------------

SO.........I felt like the soldier was not good, so ... i asked to Forrest a critic, he helped me a lot and i think now is better and ready to paint!!.

Thumbs Down 
jsanxkjsnxkjasnxkas

hey man, really like your designs. You have a pretty good understanding of light and color.

Your poses tend to be somewhat unenergetic though. Here's a technique that might make your poses a little more interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrapposto

Cheers
(06-14-2013, 05:49 AM)DoubleThink Wrote: hey man, really like your designs. You have a pretty good understanding of light and color.

Your poses tend to be somewhat unenergetic though. Here's a technique that might make your poses a little more interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrapposto

Cheers

Dude thank you so much for your advice, i really appreciate it, i read one about it but I've never tried, i'll soon!

Sketch - Warming up -color practice. Today i'ts gonna be a lazy day i guess :/

+ Mech wip !!

Moar wips!

anders zorn's study! trying to understand the colors and not using the color picker, i think i failed cause my colors are warmers xD

REF

-----------------------------------------------------------

Self portrait - i need to rest, today was a looong paiting day :)

Warming up! quick photo study.

Ooooh, really diverse stuff in here dude! The mountain picture is pretty great.