Lulus Sketchbook
What I have been up to lately:
Some portrait studies...

[Image: rebekah_zps2bf7213b.jpg]

[Image: tyrion_zpsda09ffc6.jpg]

and a very rough sketch of a World Of Warcraft related illustration:

[Image: kecircnara_zpsd024639f.jpg]

Cheers!

that one with the shark reminds of myself when i was a kid and everything was like explosions, sharks and ninjas, lovelly ideas

and get well soon @lulus cat!

@Jan
Thank you!
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of. A kids imagination has no limits :)

Starting tomorrow I will do a lot of (digital) studies again. I really need to learn to keep things simple!

[Image: creaturesketches_zpsc497c006.jpg]

[Image: kecircnara_zps4e1f7b3f.jpg]

[Image: schlucht_zpse7fe8e77.jpg]

Got a few of my sketches for you today!
Unfortunately I haven't found the perfect way to do anatomy and gesture studies... :(
I also did two color studies and some faces (15 Mins each). Need to work more structured!!

[Image: Peng3_zps8a0ed646.jpg]

[Image: Peng2_zpsb1ae001b.jpg]

[Image: Peng1_zps4fea024a.jpg]

[Image: faces_zps60c4e85c.jpg]

[Image: 25-05-2013_zpsf7c25a83.jpg]

More tomorrow :)

Oooh nice updates! <3

@Sula
Thank youu :)

I had a terrible head ache today. It started just after I woke up, it's 9PM now and it's still not gone..... :(
Couldn't do so much today because of it. So here are some sketches.

Random sketch is random.

[Image: facesketch_zps4efee3f3.jpg]

My soon to be DA ID...

[Image: ID_zpsfceb867a.jpg]

And two stag studies for a project I'm working on right now. It's still secret though!

[Image: stagI_zps971c23c3.jpg]

I did tons of gesture studies today. I'll scan some of them tomorrow so I can show them to you guys!
Today I'll leave you with two super rough sketches for a Sylvanas piece I want to do and with the first color block in of my Mana Cake piece ;)

[Image: sylvanas1_zpsbe393f1f.jpg]

[Image: sylvanas2_zpsa29875f7.jpg]

[Image: kecircnara_zpsd66cdb74.jpg]

Good night! <3

I still haven't scanned all my figure drawing studies yet... but I promise I'll get it done tomorrow.
Yesterday I started a little environment... BUT it contains two huge challenges for me: a building and crystals. The perspective on the building is completely off so I'll start over again (probably tomorrow) and I need to find some good references for crystals and do some studies...
Ah well... here it is:

[Image: snow_zps40dce07d.jpg]

I also decided to do some plain, fantasy character design... All those gesture studies are paying off! It's getting a lot easier for me to draw different poses :)

[Image: innocence_zpsae97533a.jpg]

Now I'll do some more studies before going to sleep....

i love the colors on the last character, the character is also sweet, well done!

on your environment, yeah the building is built a bit freestyle :D just use a perspective grid, it helps so much. i think you should also raise the foreground a bit higher to achieve more depth. the mountain near the building distracts too much, you should balance it more imho... you could try to make the building smaller compared to the mountain, or vice versa, it also feels like the building is sticking too much to the right imho. you could consider rules of 3rd for it and use mountains to frame the building. just my thoughts, but awesome sketchbook!

i love how you render your faces, skillz! Sun

i admire those who manage to create lineart in photoshop.. i love your WIP sketches because i can learn more when you post finished works. but what I love in every other artist's works are thumbnails..yours are energetic and so dynamic. nice ! for the last character ( subjective point of view) i may make the head slightly bigger. =) good job !

I really love the girl with the tree and bird in her hair. Really calming colors and facial expression.

(03-25-2013, 08:40 AM)Lulolana Wrote: been working hard on this

[Image: pretty2_zps1e775935.jpg]

Sketchbook

@Jan
Freestyle, that's exactly it ;)
Thank you for your feedback! I will keep your advice in mind. I really need to work with a perspective grid...

@florentK
Thank you! I'm glad you like my work!
I will took another look at the head of that last character. Maybe it looks better now?

@Tygerson
Aw so glad you like that piece! It's one of my favorites because I put so much work into it and it's one of those pieces where I noticed my progress :)
You can see the finished piece on my Deviantart site if you like to.

Here are a few of my gesture studies (90 - 120s each) and sketches and the initial sketch for my last character and today's progress :)

[Image: Peng130_zpsb0f4297b.jpg]

[Image: Peng230_zps9516d5a5.jpg]

[Image: Peng330_zpsc97a42cc.jpg]

[Image: Peng430_zps8a0f35c8.jpg]

[Image: innocenceii_zpsdd78693a.jpg]

It's been a few days since my last post...
Did a lot of pencil studies but I still haven't gotten to scan them.
So here is the progress of my latest "character design". You can find the final on my tumblr.

[Image: innocenceiii_zps0a89e166.jpg]

[Image: innocenceiv_zpsde9a3eb4.jpg]

This is my at the age of 2. A birthday present for my dad :)

[Image: luluklein_zpsb77f743e.jpg]

and some randomness I'm working on

[Image: swampkid_zps22dc2ca4.jpg]

More coming soon!

Nice update!

If I may suggest something - I love that horned girl, she is awesome <3 - add something to the background of this piece. Even a simple texture, a gradient, something. I think it will help making it feel more grounded :)

I love the way that awesome face rendering looks with the thick lines!

@Ursula
Thank youu <3
I actually added some sort of "shadow". You can see it on my tumblr or DA.

@Rognoll
Haha thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

I'm currently working on the whole Substrata project (Paul Richards) so I have little time left for other stuff BUT here we go....

[Image: lulukleinII_zpsfa151442.jpg]

[Image: swampkidII_zpse3dcea83.jpg]

Today I decided to finally get the hang of waves... So I took a look at one of Marta Nael's pieces HERE and did a little practicing.

[Image: studywaterI_zpsfe723695.jpg]

[Image: seaII_zps3bf5da9e.jpg]

More to come....

aaaaaaah 4fd9f2d3

We had a three day long heat wave. I live on the top floor. I almost died in here. And I couldn't really work because of that. It was awful.
I also have to write down a thesis for my master application and throw together a portfolio. I'm struggling with this big time....
So today I finally wanted to get back to work BUT I couldn't. I just sat there, pen in hand and I couldn't draw. It's some sort of exhaustion/art block. Any advice how to get rid of it? :(

Anyway....
Color study of Thranduil I did BEFORE the heat wave.

[Image: ThranduilI_zps081c5c62.jpg]

Hey there! I sympathize with you regarding the heat wave, it's bloody awful at my end as well. :(

I just came by to throw in a little jealousy over your coloring ability, the enviros on this page are great, and I won't even begin to talk about the tiger. I know this may not be the place, but the characters you posted on DA are lovely as well, especially Amy, with the teddy bear :D

Anyways, see you around, I guess :)
Hey lulolana,

Youve tot some great stuff in here.
As for artist block just ease in into it. Start with some doodles of things that you know land are comftorable with. And just take it from there.

Good luck!

Hey guys!
I'm sorry it's been a while.... I had to get my portfolio and application done and after that I had the worst art block thing going on. It's still hard to draw atm :(

@Maja
Thank you dear :)
It took me a great deal of time to finally get the hang of coloring and colors at all. Just practice and try using different methods from time to time :)

@DoubleThink
Thank you!
Yeah well I tried a lot to get out of the art block. It's weird how nothing seems so work. Maybe I just need a day of sleep... :D

These are just two pieces I'm working on.
I really hope I'll get back to proper work in the next few days.

[Image: Animawip_zpsa23645d5.jpg]

[Image: daydream_zpsd7c244b6.jpg]