Blewzen's sketchbook
Killer update. so big 0.0

Hands are the worst, so hard to get right.. But I guess keep practicing and you will get there. Hands a weak spot? Draw 100 of them! And try not to hate life in the process lol.

Experimenting is definitely the key. In the enviro you are doing at the moment, you should add some story elements. Just so that the image isnt 'oh its another cool rock formation...' maybe add a person being chased by a creature, or turn really subtly turn that shape in the BG into a monster or something like that. Just to add interest.

Keep on keeping on, mate!

@Jaik: Thanks mate! I liked your idea of the monster and I will probably do something like that on another piece, for that one I was kind of lazy and I just finished it as a plain enviro.

Been a while since last post, so here is a bunch of different stuff, mostly sketches and studies. Probably willing to work next on the new challenge, crimson arena :)

Finished enviro
[Image: S5DDJte.jpg]

Freelance piece, cyberpunk zombie biker. Click here for some steps on this piece.
[Image: vVHAGyn.jpg]

Studies from 3d pieces:

[Image: YSwEfvX.jpg]
original by - http://drawcrowd.com/jamiee385

[Image: z5MDWur.jpg]
original - http://cghub.com/images/view/850413/

loomis:
[Image: 2sjq1Oh.jpg]

Random sketches:

[Image: 6fJVdCY.jpg]

[Image: JqOkofq.jpg]

[Image: zAD6h8y.jpg]

[Image: SxDknSo.jpg]

Nice update man, some wicked concepts in the one. If you could really push that poison monster in the last update and maybe do a back view I think that could be a really strong concept art piece for your portfolio.

Keep killing it.

@jaik: thanks mate!

Things and more things, trying to study alot more than i used too, I just noticed how much you actually learn by studying.

shadowrun game mod art commission

[Image: jk3qLDu.jpg]

things/sketches:

[Image: WOpX9JP.jpg]

[Image: Ie9hYGa.jpg]

quick studies (1-2h):

[Image: IPV56Pi.jpg]

[Image: n0CiCwR.jpg]

[Image: 4bAAnRw.jpg]

And opps forgot to post this portfolio piece im currently working on.

[Image: RdhJCiV.jpg]

Really cool stuff from studies to the personal pieces. Look forward to seeing your newest piece finished!
Nice work!

With that shadow run art thing. There are some slightly off perspective issues in there, like the gun doesnt quite site right in space, sort of like it was built crooked or something. Best way to get good at this is to just draw cubes rotating in space in 3 point perspective and try to make them look right (they dont have to be 100% technically right, art is all about looking good lol). A couple of pages of that will get you fixed right up in that regard.

But your updates are really looking good :) Keep up the good work man. Oh and if you get the time, drop by my sb and let me know what you find most useful in feedback so that when I come back here I can try and help you as much as possible.

@jaik: Thanks man I appreciate your tips :). The shadowrun piece was made with a grid to help me see the perspective, I actually thought by putting his gun crooked like he is shooting some enemies off camera would help separating him a bit of the rest and also could bring some more action/dynamic. Maybe I was wrong and it makes a bit of hurt in the eyes haha, client didnt find it wrong so I went for it that way.
And sure I'll go your sb next time and I'll try to be as helpful as I can :)

Finished piece and Andrew Lincoln face study because why not!?

[Image: LzEmwX9.jpg]

[Image: O5Il8Jx.jpg]

That last painting turned out great. Everything on this page looks like a big step up from 3. :]

@Archreux: Thanks a lot! I'm trying to learn more and get better and stuff :)

This past week I got my wrist/arm really tired til a point where I couldn't do anything with it 'cause it hurted. So I had to stop drawing many times and I couldn't do a lot of the studies that I had planned D:
Anyways here are some sketches for a client and me experimenting with pixel art and photobash technics.

[Image: c1W3lf6.jpg]

[Image: WWZ8YGW.jpg]

[Image: 5efcmgh.jpg]

Take care of your wrist man! That's dangerous D:

The green flash image looks nice, but the reflection seems to be a bit out of place... shouldn't the foreground lake reflect sky and stars instead of green?

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Take care of your wrist D: so many people on the forums are having problems with their wrist lately. Its your livelihood, so take care of it!

Looking good. The face study especially! Lyraina is right though, the reflections are a little bit off, the flash may have reflected in the water a little bit (if there were waves that created the right angle between the viewer and the flash) but it would mostly reflect the sky.

Scott robertson did a quick vid on reflections that really explains it well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ILAI_oEoo

Keep up the good work :D

Thanks guys for the support already feeling great with my arm lately :)

@lyraina: Yes you are right on the reflection, that photobash thing was really awful i felt sick or something while doing it and obiously i had no idea on what i was doing D: hehe anyways thanks!
@jaik:Thanks mate! That video is really helpful, next time I will take care of reflections more.

No new studies or personal stuff lately really busy with work which kind of sucks.

This is my last piece and I can say I'm pretty happy with it even if I see flaws all over, it appears in What's hot section of Deviantart and discoveries of drawcrowd so I guess I can call it a success :)

[Image: UWNNlHo.jpg]

It's really good - the recognition is absolutely deserved :D

That werewolf one is really awesome...! Did you use plants stock to help speed up the process?

Focus.
The werewolf--wow! Love how the cloth hangs off him like the last tattered shreds of his humanity.

Sketchbook

I really like the grasp you've got on gestures, and your rendering has improved massively!

Thanks for the support guys I'm glad you find it good :)

@meat: I used brushes for the foliage you see in the foreground and also for some of the branches in the trees. The thing to have in mind using this foliage/branches/trees brushes or stock is that they will always look better if you modify them a bit painting or erasing certain areas so they fit better in your piece. :)

Really wanting to find the time to do more studies and personal stuff but for now, another wolf piece for client and a quick sketch of some kind of guardians.

[Image: 7UhWYG0.jpg]

[Image: CJp9PmA.jpg]

One more wolf client piece.

[Image: ZxOW8bK.jpg]

Photo study from last night.

[Image: Za7Mow8.jpg]

Something I've started today, not sure but probably gonna add armor, hair, horns for the head...
Any suggestions or critiques on this serpent-man are welcomed :)

[Image: pulOjnk.jpg]

Your (were)wolf pieces are really cool, they look so ferocious and wild!

As for the WIP you posted, I think the tail could be a bit bigger, or broader, or longer - right now the figure is a bit top heavy. Could also be because the upper part has more dark values than the tail, which is a bit less defined so far. Just look out for balance when continuing :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Photo study from today, trying to see quick and effective ways on how to use the scale brushes.

[Image: 0ureXPn.jpg]

More wip of the serpent man.

[Image: gL3iphF.jpg]