anzhou's sketchbook : let's study hard together!
Hey anzhou, nice studies! You should really try do some imaginative / memory stuff along with your studies from stock. By trying to apply what you've learned, you will cement that knowledge and at the same time you can see what you need to work on more. Otherwise you end up just getting good at copying figures as opposed to getting good at constructing them

Wow anzhou, I'm really digging your studies!
Fantastic hands!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
helloa daggers!

kidult: thanks and thanks! for the great advice, I tried doing that today :) will keep cementing :D

smrfette: thank you! lets keep studying :D

ahhh... these took way longer than they should've but gotta keep goin.

those hands studies are killer, my own linework is terrible so i will have to visit your sb frequently. :)
Keep rocking!

Dude really cool hands and gesture drawings and thanks for providing the refernce links!!
Peetty awesome!
Figures look great man, really nice lines.
I'd have to echo what kidult said, try and get some in from your imagination as well. Or, once you've finished a study, cover up the reference and try to draw it again. Sometimes it helps to make notes while you're studying as well, just to force yourself to concentrate.. It's so easy to just zone out and draw without thinking.

Good work though, just a thought :). Keep it coming!

helloa daggers,

EduardoGray: Thanks for the rock on! :) Its never as bad as you think, I'm sure you'll do fine once you get down on it :)

Ismilealot: Thanks man, yea couldn't have done without those Cosplayers and Stock Artists :)

JakeB: Thank you. I totally know what you mean man, I'll do more :D I'm already slow ass but when it comes to imaginary or memory work it slows down like 2 x man. I'll keep hitting!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys.

Tried to make my figure walk a little, a shieldmaiden concept I'm working on and main man Dillon 'The DANGER' Kobrax for Bloodsports13.

1-2!

Thanks for commenting on my sketchbook anzhou :)
Your studies are comin along really nicely! The forms are lookin good. And I totally bookmarked that DA.. that's great ref
Anzhou, your lines are really great! You have some great concepts and great movement in them. I don't see any painting in here though (and thats okay), I'm just curious if you've ever given it a try!

*Thanks for stopping in on my SB and sharing some much appreciated and valued feedback. So I've come to return the favor. Although I do suck at crits. So I fear the "value" may not be reciprocated. Anyways, You have some very cools studies going on in here. The stuff from reference looks nice. Your most recent stuff more so, regardless of reference or not. I would say that viewing your stuff from memory, your figures seem to lack the meat. No ass, muscles etc. For instance thighs and quads are similar size to the calves, and so on. I guess they kind of look fragile or like kids. Maybe this is by design and an act of simplicity. Also some foreshortening issues, but in all I think you grasp proportions in construction very well. Naturally, I think in time you'll get way better with mileage. Which is a great sign so just keep grinding. Also as Tyler mentioned, color is fun, but hard for sure. And I respect you might be leaving it for later, would love to see some though.
helloa daggers!

SoniaLaeticia : thanks for the encouragement, ill keep working towards consistency :)

Tyler Donnelly : thanks man! yea you're righto hehe i needa get outta my comfort zone and work more in digital, cuz paper products aint gonna feed me haha.

I STRaY I : hey man thanks for the encouraging words. don't wory all crit is good man, its good to know what you think. but you got me ont he act of simplicity, i find it very hard to memorise figures with all the details so i figured i'd try with some simpler forms, then add the meat ontop :)
but i probably should ad them at some point hehe thanks for the reminder! and yes, colour is on my mind..hope to do it soon.

curently, trying to do sickbrush assignments to pick up on my digital and, bloodsports 13 :D

Sickbrush Assignment 1a

Hey guys,

Some motion from reference and memory. Plane studies for later construction.
Asian heads for the Sickbrush class assignments.

you have some nice lines, plus i always love me some pencils! keep it up!
Kevin: Awh thanks for the encouragement man :)

Sickbrush Assignment 1a AfricanAmericans

Great studies here, good stuff.

Really liking your portraits, 'specially the Game of Thrones characters. :)

Nice going!

great practice, those faces look real good. +1 for whoopi goldberg.

Hey anzhou, your studies are looking great - the faces have come with a lot of strength and the animation cycles are interesting to look :)

Would love see some painting from you sometime! it's good to keep the balance too :) I focused on line drawing for a really long time (I just love drawing haha), to the point where I'm trying to pick up painting and struggling through being a noob again haha - it's fun though ;)

Keep up the great work!

Hey guys!

Craig Paton: Ah thanks dude! I was wondering whether anyone recognized those, so i guess I didn't phail too badly hehe. Made my day man :D

kidult : thanks man, I'll keep goin!

EduardoGaray: thank you! Glad you like Whoopi :) I had great fun drawing her ohh the celebrity square days~

lungcell: Thanks man! Yea I'm doing Sickbrush's assignments. Soon there'll be painting... :D I feel ya man, I'm sure once it gets more familiar you'll do great at it :) Keep up teh stuggle!

Ok heres the last two sets of heads, I feel so raw from doing so much linework but I feel I learnt so much from these. I want to do a review later on when the knowledge and experience has digested abit more.

Ahh I miss drawing those gestures but I'm late~~late!!!~~~ *runs off to lasso some pixels*

All the best art people~

more sickbrush assignments. lassoXgradient tool environment study and running into walls on construction.

check back with everyone soon, keep truckin guys!